Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Software 1.46

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We didn't receive any notification but the new option finally showed up in the past hour.

Mine was there when I just checked at 5pm pst today, but wasnt there at around noon pst today. there must have been some sort of push / activation for those of us who didnt have it "turned on" on our accounts.

• Helpful
Reactions: bmah
another thought - as currently deployed and implemented I see no way for Powerwalls to control/adjust/turn-off/on charging for Tesla's are are not in the same Tesla account as the Powerwalls -unless they are correlating car charging and power draw by GPS comparison - but that's an iffy proposition IMHO as I know my neighbor as a Tesla and a charger, and I wouldn't want his car charging to make my system behave in interesting manners…

so while this is a great feature, there are a lot of use cases where it simply can't work.

I tested out the new option by cutting the grid while the car was charging. I set the percentage at 95. Once it went under 95 the car slowed charging and eventually stopped. Once I cut the grid back on the car started charging again on it’s own. Very nifty!

Only option I would like would be to put it to 100% so the car stops as the grid goes out. I don’t want it to charge from the batteries at all. But it’s still really nice to have the way it is!

You could try restarting your Gateway as well. That's the component that talks to the Tesla server.

I logged into the gateway and stopped and started the system, and voila the percentage showed up. Interestingly it had depleted below 90% and didn't automatically top up without the stop and start. It also won't connect to my wifi so I think I will have to do a hard reset soon.