Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Software 1.46

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
None really... installers will want to put your powerwall online so you want to think about wireless / wired or if no other option, cellular. If you have all 3 available, they can activate all 3, and the system will fall back from wired, to wireless, to cellular if the other 2 are not available.

I selected wired (ethernet) from the gateway to an access point I put by the powerwalls for that purpose, but its up to you.

Other than that, you dont get to pick firmware, just like tesla cars, you will "get it when you get it". They will run a firmware update on install but it will only update to whatever is queued for your serial number.. just like the cars.

Thanks. I take it that the Ethernet goes from the gateway box that has the grid cutoff relay to a router or access point? I would love to have it all three ways as well - Just to keep it connected. I am getting SolarEdge inverter and power optimizers and that sends data as well. Will the installers install Ethernet cable for that as well?

Thanks. I take it that the Ethernet goes from the gateway box that has the grid cutoff relay to a router or access point? I would love to have it all three ways as well - Just to keep it connected. I am getting SolarEdge inverter and power optimizers and that sends data as well. Will the installers install Ethernet cable for that as well?

I cant speak to the solar, as my solar does not have wired access via ethernet (older ABB Brand inverters). If you have a router / switch within reach, they should connect it for you, but they wont be running ethernet around your home to do so. Yes, the ethernet connection on a powerwall is from the gateway.

On the "data from solar edge inverters" you might want to read up on that here, as I seem to remember reading people having issues getting data from their inverters directly vs the data from tesla.

@ Thread ... Sorry for off topic comments.

My PWs just updated to 1.46.0 and what’s interesting is that prior to this update, my 3 PWs reported a total pack energy of 40.5 kWh, but now (after the update) they are reporting a total pack energy of 42.4 kWh. I wonder why the change in reported energy.

My powerwalls updated to 1.46.0 last night. My phone app is up to date. My model 3 is on 2020.12.6.

When I go to the app and go under custom, there is nothing new. No new section under storm watch about vehicle charging. I've tried logging out and in to the app. I've rebooted my phone. I've cleared my phone app cache.

any clue why the section would not appear on the app?

My powerwalls updated to 1.46.0 last night. My phone app is up to date. My model 3 is on 2020.12.6.

When I go to the app and go under custom, there is nothing new. No new section under storm watch about vehicle charging. I've tried logging out and in to the app. I've rebooted my phone. I've cleared my phone app cache.

any clue why the section would not appear on the app?

It seemed to take a few days for others here too (I am in the exact same boat as you are, pw updated yesterday, appropriate versions of app, etc, no option in app). Stormwatch took a few days to show up originally as well. I figure it will show up in 2-3 days.

Note: I also got a message in my inbox in the app when they enabled it, so look for that.

I got that message in my inbox app before they even updated my pw to 1.46, lol.
We haven't received any message in our inbox concerning the new Powerwall functionality and still don't see the option under Configure. I guess we could stop looking until we receive the notification...but it's been 10 days since we were updated to 1.46.0.