TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

PowerWall - Wire size AWG

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by joshsandi, Apr 5, 2018.

1. joshsandi

joshsandi Member

Hello,

I am planning to install a Powerwall within the next year.
    There is not much space around my electrical panel. I will have to put the power wall quite a distance away (40ft).
    I have a chance right now to run some cables before putting drywall up.

What wire gage should I put in for 1 or maybe 2 powerwalls?

Thank you

2. miimura

miimura Well-Known Member

Each Powerwall uses a 30 amp 240V circuit. Your electrical contractor can plan accordingly. 10 AWG copper is usually sufficient. The larger issue I would want to consider in your situation is what space is available for the Gateway and Generation Panels and which circuits you want backed up. You didn't make it clear whether this is a remodel or new construction and how much other electrical work is going on now.

• Informative x 2