Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

Powerwalls in standby mode since app update

After I updated my Tesla App Monday, my Powerwalls have not done anything. They have not charged or been used, stuck at 46% charged. At the top under my house it says standby. I have it set to time of day use with my utility plan selected. If I turn it to 100% backup it will charge from the grid but goes in to standby once I put it back to time of use. Anyone know how to get it out of standby mode? All of the posts I can find are for much older versions of the app. Thanks in advance.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
After I updated my Tesla App Monday, my Powerwalls have not done anything. They have not charged or been used, stuck at 46% charged. At the top under my house it says standby. I have it set to time of day use with my utility plan selected. If I turn it to 100% backup it will charge from the grid but goes in to standby once I put it back to time of use. Anyone know how to get it out of standby mode? All of the posts I can find are for much older versions of the app. Thanks in advance.

You said "If I turn it to 100% backup it will charge from the grid". Do you have solar? If yes, then its not supposed to be charging from the grid at all (unless stormwatch is activated).

Upvote 0

jjrandorin

Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
I do have solar. I do not know why it is doing that.

Are you sure its charging from the grid and not your solar? If so, then either some settings got corrupted somehow, your installer messed up, or you (or someone else in your home) was messing around in the installer menu.

I would start by resetting your gateway and power cycling, and see if the same behavior occurs. Then, I would contact your installer if it still occurs (that is, if you are 100% sure it is charging from the grid and not from your solar).

Reactions: Electrph
Upvote 0
Are you sure its charging from the grid and not your solar? If so, then either some settings got corrupted somehow, your installer messed up, or you (or someone else in your home) was messing around in the installer menu.

I would start by resetting your gateway and power cycling, and see if the same behavior occurs. Then, I would contact your installer if it still occurs (that is, if you are 100% sure it is charging from the grid and not from your solar).
How do you restart the gateway?

Upvote 0
If its a gateway 2 has recessed “Click” type button in a hole can’t miss it … I find plastic or wooden chopstick works great
the full restart process should be on tesla website that’s where I found it
basically you are shutting off solar at inverter / shutting off inverter breaker shutting off power wall(s) on rocker switch(s) / shutting off power wall breakers / then shutting off main service breaker ..then wait 5-10min depending on ur ocd level then reverse process …
better to read guideline on Tesla website I’m going from getting old guy memory

Upvote 0

jjrandorin

Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA

I would recommend starting with teslas online troubleshooting process. I believe they have instructions for that somewhere in those workflows. I dont know if we have the same gateway, and I think it would be best to start with the official steps from tesla.

At a high level you power cycle everything like you would power cycle your home network.

Reactions: Electrph
Upvote 0

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC