TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Powerwalls to Australia "by the end of the year"

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by malcolm, Dec 3, 2015.

1. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

Nov 12, 2006
    #1 malcolm, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    Has this been covered?

Source: The Guardian

2. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    One of the world's highest penetrations of rooftop PV and outrageously high power charges, mostly grid connection fees rather than the cost of coal generated power. We also have a Federal Government that is actively hostile to renewables, a mining industry that donates millions to both major political parties and plenty of flat earth climate change deniers. Interestingly though the biggest uptake of rooftop PV hasn't been the 'urban elite' but outer suburban lower middle class who are looking to lower their power bills.
  3. baillies

baillies Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    some updates to this, I assume some TMC members will be early adopters and i would be very interested to get any updates... I am interested in getting powerwall and a model 3 or if I win lotto a model X -x-rate has probably killed this dream;-(

looks like we have a little Tesla time again with the first installs not due till next year it seems.

Not sure if the title for this should be changed to just "Powerwall in Australia" and maybe made sticky so we can keep in 1 thread?