Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwalls to Australia "by the end of the year"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

malcolm

Nov 12, 2006
Has this been covered?

Source: The Guardian

Musk said Australia would be the first mass market for his powerwall battery storage technology because it had “such a large percentage of homes with solar panels and Australia correctly prices energy at a consumer level – people pay more during peak times than non peak – so the economic incentives are aligned for consumers.”
Musk’s firm Tesla has said its 7kWH home energy storage units would be available by the end of the year in Australia.

Also:

He said there would be “announcements next year from quite advanced discussions with a number of European utilities”.

Last edited:
One of the world's highest penetrations of rooftop PV and outrageously high power charges, mostly grid connection fees rather than the cost of coal generated power. We also have a Federal Government that is actively hostile to renewables, a mining industry that donates millions to both major political parties and plenty of flat earth climate change deniers. Interestingly though the biggest uptake of rooftop PV hasn't been the 'urban elite' but outer suburban lower middle class who are looking to lower their power bills.

some updates to this, I assume some TMC members will be early adopters and i would be very interested to get any updates... I am interested in getting powerwall and a model 3 or if I win lotto a model X -x-rate has probably killed this dream;-(

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/12/the-first-tesla-powerwall-installer-in-australia-is-natural-solar/

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/12/o...-sell-you-a-tesla-powerwall-and-solar-panels/

looks like we have a little Tesla time again with the first installs not due till next year it seems.

Not sure if the title for this should be changed to just "Powerwall in Australia" and maybe made sticky so we can keep in 1 thread?