Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF after Ceramic Coat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super excited about receiving my model 3. I've gone ahead and had the car coated with cquartz and man does it look beautiful.

Now I want to do PPF on it on the front bumper for bugs etc. How long do I have to wait to install the PPF?

I'm thinking about the soap solution and alcohol when Installing with that mess up the Ceramic Coat?

Congrats on the car, sure you will love driving it. However, ditto what they said above. A bit more advanced reading on the subject on here would have saved you some time and money. Same btw would apply to adding badges, spoilers, front license plate holder (if required in your State), HOV stickers on top of ceramic. Did you bring this up with your detailer or decide to add PPF later?

Congrats on the car, sure you will love driving it. However, ditto what they said above. A bit more advanced reading on the subject on here would have saved you some time and money. Same btw would apply to adding badges, spoilers, front license plate holder (if required in your State), HOV stickers on top of ceramic. Did you bring this up with your detailer or decide to add PPF later?
Decided to add it after. Luckily I was the one doing the ceramic coating. I'll have to clean the paint and then prep for PPF and the. Seal with PPF with the remaining ceramic coat that I have.

Thanks Everyone.

Might be a basic question but do you have to do both?

Looks pretty good by itself
https://www.amazon.com/CarPro-Cquartz-50-ml-Kit/dp/B01H4D1ZAY

Each product has it's own use. It's not one or the other (although it can be if people go that route). PPF is more about a protective shield for your car while a ceramic coating is more of a super wax. That's why people tend to go for both. Install the PFF and then apply the ceramic to the PPF. Best of both worlds type of deal.

Both is the best but ppf is very expensive for a whole car. North of $5k. That ceramic kit you linked is what I used and is a great product.

I ended up just doing ppf on my front bumper(shop did it) and I did the rest of the cars paint correction, prep and coating.

Both is the best but ppf is very expensive for a whole car. North of $5k. That ceramic kit you linked is what I used and is a great product.

I ended up just doing ppf on my front bumper(shop did it) and I did the rest of the cars paint correction, prep and coating.

I like the matte black finish and got a 2.5K quote for the full car.

is ceramic kit the easiest DIY after?

Ceramic is easy to put on. its the prep beforehand that takes hours to get right. if you are willing to put the work and research (if you dont know how) then the whole process is actually very easy.

putting ceramic over ppf is easier since the shop installing the ppf should have done all the hours of paint prep and correction.

2.5k for the whole car in a matte ppf seems VERY low. i would make sure you understand what is and isnt included in that price and do some research on the shop. i would have done my car in a heartbeat at that price but lowest i could get was double that.

Ceramic is easy to put on. its the prep beforehand that takes hours to get right. if you are willing to put the work and research (if you dont know how) then the whole process is actually very easy.

putting ceramic over ppf is easier since the shop installing the ppf should have done all the hours of paint prep and correction.

2.5k for the whole car in a matte ppf seems VERY low. i would make sure you understand what is and isnt included in that price and do some research on the shop. i would have done my car in a heartbeat at that price but lowest i could get was double that.

Everything's cheaper here in AZ ;) but maybe some AZ peeps can speak up about the quote

Super excited about receiving my model 3. I've gone ahead and had the car coated with cquartz and man does it look beautiful.

Now I want to do PPF on it on the front bumper for bugs etc. How long do I have to wait to install the PPF?

I'm thinking about the soap solution and alcohol when Installing with that mess up the Ceramic Coat?

Two Model 3s, both with full car PPF (I drive about 3-4k miles a month). Second one got ceramic AFTER PPF. It's nice, but I don't mind putting a little elbow grease into cleaning my car. The PPF makes hand washing super easy anyway. Biggest thing I've heard regarding ceramic is the ease of dirt, mud and residue simply washing away.

Also, I'd say install PPF as soon as possible after delivery to limit paint correction needed.