Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF and Ceramic after 2+ years?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks who've had their car for 2+ years/winters and did PPF/Ceramic - how is it holding up? They all look amazing when brand new and just done, I'm curious if the car still looks above average after the ravages of time and especially Canadian winter, and if you feel the investment was worth it?

Reason for asking - I'm looking forward to my Y delivery and I'll definitely PPF the front end to avoid stone chips but wondering if the full car (at big cost) is worth it.

I ppfed mine, part of it anyway. A year ago.
I think it is worth it.
I live in Montréal and the shop guarantees the job for the duration of your ownership.

I didn't do the ceramic.

Ps: i did full front, pillars a and b.
Rockers (a must).

Worth it to me - so much so that I'm going to do a full wrap on the Model Y when it arrives. I only did front and back wrap on the 3 when I first got it - still looks great but I'm sure going to an experienced installer has much to do with longevity as well.

Thanks for the insight. What are you expecting to pay for a full wrap? Seems to vary wildly. Also are you going clear or coloured?

Dammit, I forgot to take pictures last night. X.X

I’ve had my X PPF’d for three years now, and I can see small marks in the ppf that didn’t hit the paint at all, and it is SO WORTH IT IMHO. If you go anywhere that has rocks ppf is worth the money. I went full wrap, but in all honesty just doing the front is probably enough: that’s where the majority of the hits occur.

For me that I'm buying Model 3 SR+ version without FSD for now, I don't think it's worth it to spend more than 10% of vehicle's value on PPF. Max I'd do would be Ceramic Coating for exterior only, silver package with 5-years warranty. I know Tesla's paint job and quality are horrible but the investment doesn't really make sense to me from money side and how much it will add to the value of the vehicle in the next 3-5 years.

Reactions: m3snowy
For me that I'm buying Model 3 SR+ version without FSD for now, I don't think it's worth it to spend more than 10% of vehicle's value on PPF. Max I'd do would be Ceramic Coating for exterior only, silver package with 5-years warranty. I know Tesla's paint job and quality are horrible but the investment doesn't really make sense to me from money side and how much it will add to the value of the vehicle in the next 3-5 years.

I think the minimum I'd always do is PPF on the front end. Unless you're lucky with your roads rock chips are always going to happen and to me it's the #1 thing that starts to make a car look a bit worn. Whether to do the whole car is a bigger dilemma - I'm appreciating all the thoughts in this thread.

I’d forego the ceramic for the PPF honestly. That would make the biggest difference of keeping the car looking great.

I did a lot of my Model S five years ago. It did take a lot of the damage for sure, but actually absorbed some sunscreen so I had permanent hand marks on my frunk. :/. Regardless, if you’re going to trade it in to Tesla Or most places they won’t care about too many stone chips. So if you’re going to drive for five years and trade it in, You could consider skipping it and save the $3K+ for the next car. However, it does give you the piece of mind and enjoyment during when you own the car. So it’s all about what you value.

Im getting another CPO S in the Obsidian Black Shortly, and am not sure if I’m going to PPF yet....

• Helpful
Reactions: Reborn