Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF and Ceramic Protection in Melbourne

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Patiently waiting for my X to arrive and I am looking into quotes for paint protection film +/- ceramic coating in the Melbourne area.

I was wondering if anyone had good (or bad) experiences they could share. I have asked at the Tesla Service Centre in Melbourne but drew a blank.

Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide.

Cheers,

Chris

Can't really comment on PPF other than you see the joins if not done properly, and if doing ceramic coating it goes on after the PPF.
If you want a good job at a great price with ceramic coating (and paint correction) get a quote from VIP Car Care in Moorabbin.

Reactions: sauhsoj
I did Ceramic Coating (they do paint correction) + side windows tint + 3M protector on door edges (for when kids open the doors into objects) + carpet protection at VIP Car Care Moorabbin, and very happy with them.

They told me what would/wouldn't work well ahead of time (eg. door edge protector on the top part of the rear doors is tricky due to the sharp curve - I decided to cover that portion anyway)

I had my p85d by affinese, they did (not sure if any more) TOCA club discounts. I did a half wrap and full ceramic

Yes they do.
You need to be logged in to see the Members Benefits page on TOCA's website
To validate member status when enjoying club benefits, be sure to show businesses your membership details on the Member Jungle App on your phone.

Affinesse Premium Detailing
Phone: (03) 9581 2653
Address: 4/75 Main Road Clayton South 3169 VIC Australia
Receive a 10% discount on all services including Paint Protection Film; Ceramic Coatings; Interior Coatings; Vinyl Wrap and Window Tint
About a year ago Affinesse did Opticoat on my 75D and a pre-sale detail on my ICE car before I put it up on CarSales, resulting in a successful above market average sale.

I recently had the Mrs’ ICE done at Mr Detail in Moorabbin.
- Melbourne's Premium Car Detailing Studio, Paint Protection and Car Care Products

Had partial PPF and ceramic done. They are an experienced crew, super passionate about their work.

Hi Hyena,

Im based in Melbourne also taking deliver of a Performance 3 for my wife in a few weeks - I am keen to protect the paint - are you still happy with the Mr Detail ceramic coat since your post above in Oct last year?

Thank you

Hi Hyena,

Im based in Melbourne also taking deliver of a Performance 3 for my wife in a few weeks - I am keen to protect the paint - are you still happy with the Mr Detail ceramic coat since your post above in Oct last year?

Thank you
More details in this thread... for my M3 I went with PPF for the front half and doors.

It's a lot more expensive but if it fits the budget I highly recommend PPF for proper paint protection.

Otherwise yes go with ceramic coating. Offers some paint protection and makes the paintwork a lot easier to clean and maintain.

I did Ceramic Coating (they do paint correction) + side windows tint + 3M protector on door edges (for when kids open the doors into objects) + carpet protection at VIP Car Care Moorabbin, and very happy with them.

They told me what would/wouldn't work well ahead of time (eg. door edge protector on the top part of the rear doors is tricky due to the sharp curve - I decided to cover that portion anyway)
How much did that all come out to, and how long did they take?