Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF and Tint Cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have a recommendation for PPF in Southern California, I’m located near Burbank
Thinking about having the front bumper done. Many are talking about the back doors taking abuse too, so trying to figure how to deal with that as well.
Thanks
if you find a tint deal let me know.. I have my 2019 M3 tinted close by in Valencia but he is a bit expensive so trying to get a cheaper deal

Expel ultimate plus:
Front 1/3rd (about 20”),side mirrors, lights
Front A pillars
All 4 door edges
Rear tailgate ledge

Driver and front passenger windows tinted

$1100 + tip

great local shop, did my suburban 5 years ago and that still looks new

Hey Guys If Anyone in Indianapolis is looking I reached out to quite a few Places.

- Tint Front Two Windows ($100 Non Ceramic, $160 Ceramic)
- Xpel PPF (Front of Car, Rocker Panel, Rear Door Flare Area) - $1300-$1800 was the range on this

Most recommended was Pristine Auto Spa (Tesla Uses them)
Cheapest was Two Guys Window Tinting

PPF: $1,500 includes paint correction prior, full hood, left and right fenders, A pillar all the way to the back, lower doors, PLUS full ceramic coating. 3M Scotchguard Pro film

Tint: $500 front windows and windshield with XPEL XR Plus.

They come to my house pickup the car and then drop it off.

I paid:

STEK Dynomatt ~$4500
STEK NEX Series ~$1300
(all windows, windshield, and roof)

52472539-D788-4F38-A476-E0FF564C8D42.jpeg

I believe I was, and perhaps still am the only Model Y they have done so YMMV. They also painted the Tesla logos for no additional charge. I paid another ~$1k for paint correction, and ceramic coating on face of wheels.

is PPF worth it? Probably not; I definitely do not view it as an “investment.” I went with the satin finish for aesthetics. Could I have gone with a vinyl wrap? Yes, but then I’d have FOMO with not having PPF when there are posts like these asking about PPF.

Last edited:
Reactions: damageprone
Anyone have a recommendation for PPF in Southern California, I’m located near Burbank
Thinking about having the front bumper done. Many are talking about the back doors taking abuse too, so trying to figure how to deal with that as well.
Thanks

Autoskinz is amazing. They specialize in Tesla. I had my full tint done there; 35% on all windows, 3M Ceramic IR. I skipped the front windshield clear as we're heading in to 'winter'.

They do PPF, paint repair (with Tesla colors in stock), detailing, wraps, etc.

Picked up our MY this morning in Denver. tint on front windows to match the rear, Xpel with 10 year warranty on full bumper, full hood wrapped, A-pillars, mirror, headlights, fog lights, and door handles, $1850. Of the places I checked in Denver this was the most competitive price with the highest reviews.

Care to share where you got it done? I'm picking up my model Y in a couple weeks, and would like to get PPF for the front. I assume you were happy with how it turned out? Did they wrap the edges?

Thanks!

Care to share where you got it done? I'm picking up my model Y in a couple weeks, and would like to get PPF for the front. I assume you were happy with how it turned out? Did they wrap the edges?

Thanks!

gdDenver had Denver Auto Shield do his work and I think he got a great deal! I spoke with Denver Auto Shield, but decided to go with New Image Paint Protection. They're not too far from each other and pricing is very competitive between the two. I ultimately chose New Image because of their customer service - just got a great vibe from them and they have a lot of Tesla experience. They even threw in wrapping my emblem matte black and PPFed all my door edges. They'll text you progress photos throughout the process, which I thought was a nice touch. Also, got a tour of the shop, which was awesome to see a Porsche 930 turbo and Carrera GT in the detail bay.

I got their Track package PPF, stage 1 paint protection, ceramic coating, and front windows tinted. Couldn't be happier with the work they did, I would recommend them.

DSC_0001.JPG