Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF and Tint Recommendations in Georgia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I have not yet got my M3, I have some time to shop around for PPF and tint. I live in north GA and will be picking it up from Kennesaw and plan to drop it off for PPF and tint right after delivery. What is some feedback on some places for quality work? These are a few places I have heard from as of now, anyone have any experience with them?

Model 3Xpel XR plus full tintXpel full stealth exterior PPF
CompanyLocationPrice
Total Cost
Sun StoppersChattanooga$1,150$7,500$8,650
Vivid Auto SolutionsRoswell$900$5,000$5,900free ceramic coating
Clays MotorsportsDawsonville$840$5,800$6,640

We had a few Tesla's (9) and they all get PPF from Derek at Home - Atlanta Protective Films and tint from Josh at https://executivetintatlanta.com/

Both are without a doubt the highest quality in GA. No bubbles that "should" go away from either when you pick your Tesla up. They are located within a half of a mile of each other and will assist on moving your Tesla from one location to the other.

Last edited:
There are several good options in the Atlanta metro area. Clear Film, Atlanta Protective Films, Sun & Shield, Detailed Designs, and the list goes on. Don't overthink this. Also, don't base your decision on claims a shop is the "best" or "#1 in sales".

We had a few Tesla's (9) and they all get PPF from Derek at Home - Atlanta Protective Films and tint from Josh at https://executivetintatlanta.com/

Both are without a doubt the highest quality in GA. No bubbles that "should" go away from either when you pick your Tesla up. They are located within a half of a mile of each other and will assist on moving your Tesla from one location to the other.
Sadly Atlanta Protective Films doesn't do the stealth PPF.

Recently got the following quote for my 2022 Model Y:

AP3: For the Model Y, this coverage costs $5450 in XPEL Ultimate Plus (Glossy Finish) or $5950 in XPEL Stealth (Satin/Matte Finish). A full-coverage project typically takes three full days overnight to complete.
- Offers tint service but confirmed they will not install tint on your roof citing possible damage due to overheating with the added tint.

ClearFilm: XPEL Ultimate Plus The entire Model Y is $4,250.
- Does not offer tint service

I have chosen to go with ClearFilm for PPF because Jordan replied to my email in a timely fashion, with attention to my specific questions, and was up front about his specialty.

I am still researching shops for tint that will tint my roof as well. Looking into those that were already mentioned here and appreciate any other shop suggestions in and around the greater Atlanta area.

These are the shops I've researched

1647922937726.png

Reactions: Ysoserious!