Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF before or after front license plate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning on getting PPF installed on the front of my car about a week and a half after I get the car. (earliest appointment they had). I live in NYS so I need a front license plate, and will probably just use the included front plate mount from Tesla. I assume that it would be best for me to not attach it until after the PPF is installed, right? Or should I put the plate holder on first and then have the PPF install around it?

I purchased The Law rather than use the included front plate mount, it shouldn't interfere with getting PPF later. Yesterday I ran across a topic for The Bandit, which costs a bit less.

IMG_9990.jpg

I purchased The Law rather than use the included front plate mount, it shouldn't interfere with getting PPF later. Yesterday I ran across a topic for The Bandit, which costs a bit less.

View attachment 312793

Yeah, I've seen those two, I just can't justify spending $120 on a license plate holder. Sure, it's annoying to have it semi-permanently stuck on the car, but I don't think NYS is going to change the law anytime soon unfortunately. And those pretty much put the plate in the same place anyway.