Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF before or after HomeLink?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My PPF installer tells me to wait till after I get HomeLink installed because they might damage the film when they remove the bumper.

I really want to get PPF as soon as possible and who knows how long it'll be till I can get HomeLink installed. Ordered a couple days ago and don't even have a shipping confirmation yet. Just an order confirmation email saying "Your order is confirmed. We will notify you when it ships."

I'm really tempted to tell the PPF guys to just go for it but after watching this video I'm not so sure anymore:

I guess it's possible to cause the film to bubble or peel if you pull on the bumper like that? What do you guys think?

Here is a possible solution for you. Xpel makes a product called Tracwrap. It is designed to be a temporary DIY wrap. It is easily applied and removed with no special tools or adhesives. You could apply the Tracwrap as a temporary PPF until you have the Homelink installed. Then you can go for the real PPF after your Homelink installation is done:

XPEL | Paint Protection Film | TRACWRAP | DIY Temporary Abrasion Protection