Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF Brands and wrapping methods (comparing quotes)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Noflash

Aug 11, 2020
Denver
Listings
I have full matte PPF quotes from two shops and seems they do things a little differently.

Shop#1 quote is $6250. They use LLumar Stealth PPF and remove trim to wrap around the ends. Trim includes wheel well, window, and front camera. They have no wait and have been aggressive in cutting prices of PPF and tint over the phone and in texts.

Shop#2 quote is $5500. They use UltraFit XP PPF and do not remove trim. They have a wait of 7-10 days and have not dropped the price twice like the first shop.

Both shops say they have pre-cut pieces that they make 1" bigger all around to ensure full coverage.
Both shops have 5-star Google reviews with tons of pics of Teslas and exotics.
Both shops have been very responsive to my questions.
Both products have a 10-year warranty.

I'm going to visit both shops this afternoon to check out the people, facility, and example cars. I especially want to see how Shop#2 meets the edges without removing trim.

I didn't include the quotes for tint, but including that, Shop#2 is $825 cheaper before tax.

Advice?

Shop#1 example car with matte ppf (carbon fiber on hood, and black on pillars (I'm not planning on doing that)):
3751313825364755393.jpg

Shop#2 example they recently did:
IMG_20230425_210732.jpg

LOL - tough call I know!

Well, Shop #1 seemed very high end. Multiple six-figure cars and impeccable shops. I noticed they wrapped ends where they could and cut a line right where panels ended where they couldn't wrap. Pretty clean looking and you could only see the end cuts if your face was 10 inches or so away. I told them I was on my way to Shop#2 and they were $825 cheaper. They gave me another $250 off.

Shop#2 was nice - three Teslas in the back. Not quite as high end. They wrapped around the ends where they could and tucked in where they couldn't (as opposed to cutting a millimeter before the end). You could see some imperfections in the tucking method - partly because of the uneven panel gaps ala Tesla manufacturing. You could see the imperfections from a couple feet away. Since they didn't remove the front-side cameras you could see imperfections around them as well.

For $500 more, I'm going with Shop#1. Though I think they would both be a good option.

Okay, thanks for letting me talk this out to myself! 😂