Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF by the foot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just placed the order for my Model 3, and I'd like to put PPF on the front bumper on the day that I pick it up.

In order to cut the price by almost 50%, I plan to order the material by the foot, but I want to make sure I get enough.

Is 3ft H x 8ft W enough to cover the front bumper?

I just placed the order for my Model 3, and I'd like to put PPF on the front bumper on the day that I pick it up.

In order to cut the price by almost 50%, I plan to order the material by the foot, but I want to make sure I get enough.

Is 3ft H x 8ft W enough to cover the front bumper?

Ima let you finish, but when you do, where are you getting the PPF?

3' x 8' is the correct size. You want extra over the hood/lights to tuck in at the top edge of the bumper without stretching and creating so called fingers. I did the whole bumper one piece custom cut on the bumper. I used 30" x 8' (worked out for me) but hind sight should have gone with 3' x 8'

Either way, I'd definitely go with "per foot" over precut. I had to redo mine due to a fender bender and my first application was a pre-cut which was horrible. When I got the bumper replaced I decided to go per-foot and the end result was professional grade with clean tucked and rounded edges.

This was my first install doing one piece front bumper. I've XPEL PPF'd every painted panel on my Model 3 "Per-foot" and it set me back $1400 to include 20% discount.

Xpel 3x8' is $264.. the 3M clear bra he linked is $176..
I'm really only interested in XPEL brand.
3' x 8' is the correct size. You want extra over the hood/lights to tuck in at the top edge of the bumper without stretching and creating so called fingers. I did the whole bumper one piece custom cut on the bumper. I used 30" x 8' (worked out for me) but hind sight should have gone with 3' x 8'

Either way, I'd definitely go with "per foot" over precut. I had to redo mine due to a fender bender and my first application was a pre-cut which was horrible. When I got the bumper replaced I decided to go per-foot and the end result was professional grade with clean tucked and rounded edges.

This was my first install doing one piece front bumper. I've XPEL PPF'd every painted panel on my Model 3 "Per-foot" and it set me back $1400 to include 20% discount.
Thanks for the helpful info!

No problem.

If you haven't ordered the film yet, I'd recommend you add the XPEL Gel 2.0 It's a life saver and will significantly aid in your install. Also, to cut around the ultrasonic sensors. Make yourself a nifty die tool. You'll need a copper tube (home depot, lowes, etc..) the circumference of a dime is what you want. Cut it to length and then file the inner diameter of the tube to make it sharp. Viola, now you just place the tool over the sensor while applying slight pressure and trim out the film from the sensors with out using a blade. This will cut time from your install.