Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF / Ceramic after delivery?

PPF / Ceramic after delivery?

• PPF

• Ceramic

• Nothing

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Full front PPF + Ceramic coating on whole car.

Have to say the ceramic coating is amazing. Went on a road trip yesterday and hit a lot of bugs on the front of the car... all wiped off easily with a wet microfiber cloth.

Had a bird take a crap on it yesterday while i was parked out side as well. Dried by the time I spotted it. I was horrified... but it wiped off with a gentle swipe of a wet microfiber cloth as well!

Thinking of doing exactly what you did - can you share how much that costed? PM if you prefer.
I went to Get Detailed in Thornhill. XPel Gold is $1750 (front with mirrors) and Ceramic Pro (Gold level, 4 layers IIRC) $1600, Plus, they're doing XPel on the center console which I preferred over vinyl wraps.

It's a bit far for the Oakville crew, but we used them before on another car and they were really good quality and service.

There were 4 other Model 3s and a Model S there when I dropped off Red, and they did another 8 last week so they've got experience, too.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Why do you guy ceramic and PPF on the front where you can PPF the whole car at same cost?

Do not trust ppl saying their job is nicer so they will charge you more. The PPF is labor intensive work , that all depends how much they wants to charge you. It not necessarily more expensive doing a better job.

Why do you guy ceramic and PPF on the front where you can PPF the whole car at same cost?

Do not trust ppl saying their job is nicer so they will charge you more. The PPF is labor intensive work , that all depends how much they wants to charge you. It not necessarily more expensive doing a better job.

PPF and ceramic serve different purposes. PPF guards against stone chips and scratches and ceramic coating does not. Ceramic is more about gloss and making the car easy to clean since it repels water. So PPF on the front protects against stone chips where they're most likely to happen and the ceramic on the entire car makes it easier to keep clean. With that in mind it's cheaper to just PPF the front of the car and then apply ceramic to the entire car.

• Love
  • Helpful
Reactions: P85_DA and McCaesar

Most quotes I got were $5000 for the whole car. I was able to get ppf front, tint and ceramic for much less. It also does matter how the PPF is applied and what film they use. If not cut properly it will be rough on certain edges and pick up dirt while driving and cleaning the car making seams very visible.

Also, costs more if the installer rolls the PPF around edges wherever possible to prevent exposed edges which are more susceptible to coming loose during a car wash.

Glad you got a good deal on your PPF, but I certainly couldn't find anyone who used reputable film and did the install right for as cheap are you're describing.

• Informative
Reactions: McCaesar
Most quotes I got were $5000 for the whole car. I was able to get ppf front, tint and ceramic for much less. It also does matter how the PPF is applied and what film they use. If not cut properly it will be rough on certain edges and pick up dirt while driving and cleaning the car making seams very visible.

Also, costs more if the installer rolls the PPF around edges wherever possible to prevent exposed edges which are more susceptible to coming loose during a car wash.

Glad you got a good deal on your PPF, but I certainly couldn't find anyone who used reputable film and did the install right for as cheap are you're describing.

I have got a deal for Suntek Ultimate whole wrap my Model 3 for the price you guys doing ceramic + front XPEL.

Simply doing a google search find Suntek is not worse than XPEL. The only reason is that guy specializes Suntek.

As I said that more expensive not means that they are doing better job applying the film. I actually went there and checked another Model 3 which they are applying the film on it. I trust my eyes that they did a good job.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Nikkin and McCaesar
I have got a deal for Suntek Ultimate whole wrap my Model 3 for the price you guys doing ceramic + front XPEL.

Simply doing a google search find Suntek is not worse than XPEL. The only reason is that guy specializes Suntek.

As I said that more expensive not means that they are doing better job applying the film. I actually went there and checked another Model 3 which they are applying the film on it. I trust my eyes that they did a good job.

Where did you get it done?

Wh

Where did you get everything done?

I have Suntek on my S and it's a bit more gloss than XPEL. Plus it was a bit cheaper as well. Where did you get yours done?