Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

PPF + Ceramic Coat - Bay Area/North California

sroh

Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bay Area, CA
My MYLR got delivered recently, am seeking recommendations to get PPF done in Bay Area. Here are my findings so far:
  • Spoke to OCDetailing, they quoted north of $8100. Unfortunately, the earliest they can work on my car is Jan 2022. Don't want to wait for 3 months.
  • Awaiting response from PFS Redwood City. Not sure if they are as good as OCDetailing.
  • Got a quote of $5695 from Wheelxperts Los Gatos, it includes ceramic coat as well. Lowest quote so far, the guy Alejandro seems nice but not sure about the quality. Let me know if any of you got your Tesla wrapped by Alejandro.
I got our second Model 3 PPFed there when they offered a group buy. I wouldn't do it again. They scratched the paint when they removed the hood ornament then lied to me saying it was already there. I know because I had Tesla mobile service come out to replace it and they used a tool to perfectly place the ornament and it did not cover the scratch.

This is for WheelXperts in LG.

adi_g

Sep 27, 2021
Los Gatos
I got our second Model 3 PPFed there when they offered a group buy. I wouldn't do it again. They scratched the paint when they removed the hood ornament then lied to me saying it was already there. I know because I had Tesla mobile service come out to replace it and they used a tool to perfectly place the ornament and it did not cover the scratch.

This is for WheelXperts in LG.
Thank you for sharing your experience, sorry to hear what they did to your car. Do you have any recommendations around Los Gatos/South Bay?

Dropped my car off today to get tints + full frontal PPF at Mr. Tint in San Jose. This is my fourth car getting tinted there and first time PPF there. Picking up tomorrow. Ceramic tint for all windows besides front windshield and roof, and the full front PPF is running me $2800. Was able to get an appointment last minute

Reactions: Kingrat1

sroh

Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Jeremy/Invisiguard is great, but super busy since he’s a one man shop. Just keep trying him. He will get back to you.
This. Since it's been a few years, I wasn't sure whether he was still going solo. Glad to hear he is. I'm sure my bad experience with WheelXperts in Los Gatos was due to a careless employee.

It took me some time to connect. I emailed him and then left a voicemail. Neither worked. Finally submitted a quote request through yelp yesterday. He replied in the evening with a quote and timeline: October 28 :eek:.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC