Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF + Ceramic Coat - Bay Area/North California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

I'll be getting my new Model Y delivery in October and I am looking for suggestions of where to get PPF + Ceramic coat done in the bay area. I can drive a couple of hours north as well in case I can find a good price with quality work. Prices here in the bay area are on the very high side, averaging anywhere between 7.5k - 8k.

Please let me know of any good shops which can do a good job at a reasonably good price.

I'd like to know as well if there are other tint/wrap shops around the bay area (or within 100miles)

I'm currently getting my MYP this week, and I scheduled an appointment at OCDetailing in Fremont. This is for 100% full PPF and tint on side/back windows

"Best value we offer here is a 100% full custom wrap in either gloss or stealth and cost $8,195 out the door. That would include the CQuartz Finest Reserve prep work and coating on top of all the film areas, wheels, brake calipers, glass, and trim."

Tint for side/back windows varies from $700-$1000.

Seems expensive, but they have good reviews.

Madd Wrapps in Vacaville quoted me $4500-$5500 for full PPF and $695 for all side/rear windows, $150 for windshield, $250 for the roof ($995 for everything). Everything is done via instagram (@madd_wrapps). Hope that helps.

I'm in Livermore and used Klean Karz here. The owner's name is Hector and owns a model 3 himself. He has done a bunch of cars for current and former Giant players. I had him do full ceramic and front PPF (hood, fenders, headlights, etc). It was in the low $2Ks. He also does window tinting. Reach out to me directly if you want any more info. I'm pretty new to this board, and have had my MYP for about 3 weeks and am LOVING it. Getting some good ideas from all of you as well.

I'm in Livermore and used Klean Karz here. The owner's name is Hector and owns a model 3 himself. He has done a bunch of cars for current and former Giant players. I had him do full ceramic and front PPF (hood, fenders, headlights, etc). It was in the low $2Ks. He also does window tinting. Reach out to me directly if you want any more info. I'm pretty new to this board, and have had my MYP for about 3 weeks and am LOVING it. Getting some good ideas from all of you as well.
Did they remove the panels to hide the PPF lines? Also, how long did they take to do the front PPF?

Protective Film Solutions in Redwood City is where I’m getting mine done. They are a 2x winner XPEL paint protection dealer of the year. They also do window tint. I’m getting the entire vehicle protected in XPEL Stealth for $5800.00. XPEL XR Plus IR window tint on the rear and front windows for $625.00. You can also try Double Take Auto Spa in Fremont. They specialize in Tesla’s and do Amazing work. They quoted me $7900 for XPEL Stealth and $6900 for XPEL ultimate.

I'd like to know as well if there are other tint/wrap shops around the bay area (or within 100miles)

I'm currently getting my MYP this week, and I scheduled an appointment at OCDetailing in Fremont. This is for 100% full PPF and tint on side/back windows

"Best value we offer here is a 100% full custom wrap in either gloss or stealth and cost $8,195 out the door. That would include the CQuartz Finest Reserve prep work and coating on top of all the film areas, wheels, brake calipers, glass, and trim."

Tint for side/back windows varies from $700-$1000.

Seems expensive, but they have good reviews.
You get what you pay for. With Joe Torbati and OCDetailing you get precision work that lasts for years. I first went to Joe in 2013. My cars have been able to be maintained in pristine condition and Joe takes pride in following up with you over the years to make sure you are still happy. He also throws in little things...powdercoating my calipers, applying decals to those calipers, Alloygators, etc. In my opinion, OCDetailing is the best value for the money hands down. FWIW, here is a picture of my car several years after full PPF with just simple regular hand washes.

Attachments

• 1BBA9255-920F-494C-B3E0-1AB357DC1A20.jpeg
    1BBA9255-920F-494C-B3E0-1AB357DC1A20.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 1,739
Thanks for the info. Does he also do full body PPF? And how do you like the quality of work?
PS: Tried sending a direct message to you. I am new to this forum and could not figure out how to send a direct message.

Thanks for the info. Does he also do full body PPF? And how do you like the quality of work?
PS: Tried sending a direct message to you. I am new to this forum and could not figure out how to send a direct message.
I'm new as well, so I'm still learning this forum.

Yes, he does full body. I will say that I am satisfied, and he is very accommodating. I don't think he pulled the fenders off, etc so there might be some more extreme versions of work by some other shops. For me, this was my first time doing PPF. I wanted to get the car protected from day one, mostly because of the design of the car. I had talked to him about a month before delivery, so I could get on the schedule. Since I didn't know exact date of delivery, I couldn't give him a firm date. Once I knew the day I was getting my car (about 3 days before delivery), I let him know and he carved out the time for me.

Again, he has a Tesla and has done tons of them (just like most shops in the Bay Area I assume). Because it was my first time, I don't have anything to compare it to, but yes I'm happy. I see you are in Dublin. Let me know if you want to talk directly. I'd be happy to help as much as I can.

I'm new as well, so I'm still learning this forum.

Yes, he does full body. I will say that I am satisfied, and he is very accommodating. I don't think he pulled the fenders off, etc so there might be some more extreme versions of work by some other shops. For me, this was my first time doing PPF. I wanted to get the car protected from day one, mostly because of the design of the car. I had talked to him about a month before delivery, so I could get on the schedule. Since I didn't know exact date of delivery, I couldn't give him a firm date. Once I knew the day I was getting my car (about 3 days before delivery), I let him know and he carved out the time for me.

Again, he has a Tesla and has done tons of them (just like most shops in the Bay Area I assume). Because it was my first time, I don't have anything to compare it to, but yes I'm happy. I see you are in Dublin. Let me know if you want to talk directly. I'd be happy to help as much as I can.
Thanks for the additional info and your willingness to share your feedback directly. Can you provide your contact info by sending a direct message to me?

My MYLR got delivered recently, am seeking recommendations to get PPF done in Bay Area. Here are my findings so far:
  • Spoke to OCDetailing, they quoted north of $8100. Unfortunately, the earliest they can work on my car is Jan 2022. Don't want to wait for 3 months.
  • Awaiting response from PFS Redwood City. Not sure if they are as good as OCDetailing.
  • Got a quote of $5695 from Wheelxperts Los Gatos, it includes ceramic coat as well. Lowest quote so far, the guy Alejandro seems nice but not sure about the quality. Let me know if any of you got your Tesla wrapped by Alejandro.

• Informative
Reactions: shaundidrake