Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF + Ceramic Coat - Bay Area/North California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MYLR got delivered recently, am seeking recommendations to get PPF done in Bay Area. Here are my findings so far:
  • Spoke to OCDetailing, they quoted north of $8100. Unfortunately, the earliest they can work on my car is Jan 2022. Don't want to wait for 3 months.
  • Awaiting response from PFS Redwood City. Not sure if they are as good as OCDetailing.
  • Got a quote of $5695 from Wheelxperts Los Gatos, it includes ceramic coat as well. Lowest quote so far, the guy Alejandro seems nice but not sure about the quality. Let me know if any of you got your Tesla wrapped by Alejandro.
I got our second Model 3 PPFed there when they offered a group buy. I wouldn't do it again. They scratched the paint when they removed the hood ornament then lied to me saying it was already there. I know because I had Tesla mobile service come out to replace it and they used a tool to perfectly place the ornament and it did not cover the scratch.

This is for WheelXperts in LG.

I got our second Model 3 PPFed there when they offered a group buy. I wouldn't do it again. They scratched the paint when they removed the hood ornament then lied to me saying it was already there. I know because I had Tesla mobile service come out to replace it and they used a tool to perfectly place the ornament and it did not cover the scratch.

This is for WheelXperts in LG.
Thank you for sharing your experience, sorry to hear what they did to your car. Do you have any recommendations around Los Gatos/South Bay?

Dropped my car off today to get tints + full frontal PPF at Mr. Tint in San Jose. This is my fourth car getting tinted there and first time PPF there. Picking up tomorrow. Ceramic tint for all windows besides front windshield and roof, and the full front PPF is running me $2800. Was able to get an appointment last minute

Reactions: Kingrat1
Jeremy/Invisiguard is great, but super busy since he’s a one man shop. Just keep trying him. He will get back to you.
This. Since it's been a few years, I wasn't sure whether he was still going solo. Glad to hear he is. I'm sure my bad experience with WheelXperts in Los Gatos was due to a careless employee.

It took me some time to connect. I emailed him and then left a voicemail. Neither worked. Finally submitted a quote request through yelp yesterday. He replied in the evening with a quote and timeline: October 28 :eek:.

My MYLR got delivered recently, am seeking recommendations to get PPF done in Bay Area. Here are my findings so far:
  • Spoke to OCDetailing, they quoted north of $8100. Unfortunately, the earliest they can work on my car is Jan 2022. Don't want to wait for 3 months.
  • Awaiting response from PFS Redwood City. Not sure if they are as good as OCDetailing.
  • Got a quote of $5695 from Wheelxperts Los Gatos, it includes ceramic coat as well. Lowest quote so far, the guy Alejandro seems nice but not sure about the quality. Let me know if any of you got your Tesla wrapped by Alejandro.
Have any updates to share, which shop did you go with and are you satisfied?

Please update us upon completion. And do you know if they use pre-cut PPF templates or PPF sheets and manually cut? Thanks
I’ll give an update once I get it back. As far as templates or sheets, I have no idea but I can ask. I opted out of ceramic coating ($1k) since I plan to do that myself with Kamikaze Film Surface Coat. Also had them black out the rear badge and add a spoiler that I picked up from RPM Tesla.

Reactions: EdEV
Hello all, I am thinking of getting ppf on the front of my car 8and they quoted me 1500 for that. Asked them today for ceramic & will find out details about that tomorrow how much does ceramic on full car cost? Tens long does it last? Also I heard that ppl looks plasticky once done on your car. Is that true? What kind of ceramic is good? Please help?