Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF + Ceramic Coat - Bay Area/North California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I am thinking of getting ppf on the front of my car 8and they quoted me 1500 for that. Asked them today for ceramic & will find out details about that tomorrow how much does ceramic on full car cost? Tens long does it last? Also I heard that ppl looks plasticky once done on your car. Is that true? What kind of ceramic is good? Please help?
Depending on how many layers of ceramic coating and the brand, it could range anywhere from $1k-$2k. Also depends on your area. In terms of how long it will last, all depends on how many layers of coating are applied. Anywhere from 2 years to lifetime. XPEL Ultimate Plus PPF looks invisible. Not sure I’ve seen a PPF that looks plastic like.

Depending on how many layers of ceramic coating and the brand, it could range anywhere from $1k-$2k. Also depends on your area. In terms of how long it will last, all depends on how many layers of coating are applied. Anywhere from 2 years to lifetime. XPEL Ultimate Plus PPF looks invisible. Not sure I’ve seen a PPF that looks plastic like.
Thanks for the information. What brand of ceramic is best? How many max layers of it can one get?

Just got a few update photos from the shop. Picking up the car tomorrow.
8B4506FF-556D-40DE-A268-230A2C17AE23.jpeg
AD3503DD-5A51-4E83-B0AF-CD52E32B8B15.jpeg

Hello all, I am thinking of getting ppf on the front of my car 8and they quoted me 1500 for that. Asked them today for ceramic & will find out details about that tomorrow how much does ceramic on full car cost? Tens long does it last? Also I heard that ppl looks plasticky once done on your car. Is that true? What kind of ceramic is good? Please help?
How much they said for front and ceramic? Also which shop?

How much they said for front and ceramic? Also which shop?
So I am in rancho Cordova. Got quotes from sunco protective films for full front PPF for 1450. Went to see their work yesterday on another day and it was fantastic. They also have very good reviews on yelp. Getting mine next week

For ceramic they quoted me 1050 for painted area. Plus 300 for glass. They use Feynlab ceramic. Also inquired another place in north sac. Forgot the name, will look up and update you all. they said 1050 as well but also include the windshield as a bonus. They use IGL ceramic. Might go that way. I just need to go check their work before I give them my order.

Any idea which one is good. Feynlab or IGL?

So I am in rancho Cordova. Got quotes from sunco protective films for full front PPF for 1450. Went to see their work yesterday on another day and it was fantastic. They also have very good reviews on yelp. Getting mine next week

For ceramic they quoted me 1050 for painted area. Plus 300 for glass. They use Feynlab ceramic. Also inquired another place in north sac. Forgot the name, will look up and update you all. they said 1050 as well but also include the windshield as a bonus. They use IGL ceramic. Might go that way. I just need to go check their work before I give them my order.

no idea on ceramic. regarding PPF, do they use XPEL or 3M? $1450 for full front is really good price. I am planing to do ceramic on my own. Based on some videos I have seen on YouTube, it looks very simple to do, similar to applying wax to your car.

Igl products are good quality items.

Reactions: pgcoco

I’ll have to check this place out when I get my car then. I was going to checkout All About Tint in Roseville also.

Just dropped off my Model Y at mum sports in Fremont. Getting full XPEL stealth PPF, ceramic coating, powder coating wheels, and brake calipers painted for ~7600. I talked to OCDetailing as well, which seems like the go-to, but the price for paintcorrection + ppf + ceramic coating was 8195 and the wait time was into March. They also don't seem to do brake calipers anymore, but recommended a separate shop for it.

I'm still debating on window tinting so I decided to hold off on that for now. Anyways, fingers crossed, this is the first time I've done anything like this so excited to see how it will come out!

Reactions: pgcoco and sevusal
Just dropped off my Model Y at mum sports in Fremont. Getting full XPEL stealth PPF, ceramic coating, powder coating wheels, and brake calipers painted for ~7600. I talked to OCDetailing as well, which seems like the go-to, but the price for paintcorrection + ppf + ceramic coating was 8195 and the wait time was into March. They also don't seem to do brake calipers anymore, but recommended a separate shop for it.

I'm still debating on window tinting so I decided to hold off on that for now. Anyways, fingers crossed, this is the first time I've done anything like this so excited to see how it will come out!
awesome. do share some pics once done.
I just picked up my MYLR on Monday and currently looking for full front and tinting. will go and visit these two shops this weekend.

I got quoted 9000 for my brand new model s refresh for paintcorrection + ppf + ceramic coating. I wonder if Model S is just more work than Model Y. it would be great to get that for 8195.

Reactions: Masa F
I just picked up my MYLR on Monday and currently looking for full front and tinting. will go and visit these two shops this weekend.

good luck to you. Personally, it didn't go well with my model 3 a few years ago at Mums Sports. I went there to save a a few bucks over OCD for PPF and got inferior work with exposed seams, dirt lifting the seams, poor work around bumper. I really regret that and vowed to never again to choose to save a few bucks over quality. Syed was nice but never fixed my issues to my satisfaction. In the end, you get what you pay for.

Reactions: sevusal

Whoa. $1450 for full front PPF is a fantastic deal! Is this XPEL? Do you know how much extra for the matte version for an entire car?