Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF & Ceramic coating is it worth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first post on this forum. I am taking delivery of a white Model 3 RWD on 03/26. I scheduled PPF to be installed on the front bumper, ceramic coating on the body and wheels, and protectant on the white leather seats. I am replacing my 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder, which I kept in pristine condition, with the Tesla because after 20 years I thought it was time for a change. I've never kept a car for less than 12 years and do my best to keep them in good condition. This is my first electric vehicle so I need to learn how to maintain it.
Good decisions Paint correction comes first. Ceramic makes it much easier and more pleasant to keep your car sparkling. Also true for seats,console and door cards. My detailer recommended I not do my dash because there may be glare, I took his word on that. I also had all exterior glass coated and happy with the results.

My first post on this forum. I am taking delivery of a white Model 3 RWD on 03/26. I scheduled PPF to be installed on the front bumper, ceramic coating on the body and wheels, and protectant on the white leather seats. I am replacing my 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder, which I kept in pristine condition, with the Tesla because after 20 years I thought it was time for a change. I've never kept a car for less than 12 years and do my best to keep them in good condition. This is my first electric vehicle so I need to learn how to maintain it.
Congratulations on the new vehicle!!!!! Maintaining the paint on a Tesla is just the same as other vehicles. Having the Ceramic Coating done will truly help. Just make sure that the shop does a paint correction and paint enhancement to really bring out the best shine to the paint before applying the coating.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Anyone here has experience with apply HOV decal on top of ceramic coating? I've been told that ceramic coating will need be removed from the area that I want to place the HOV decal before I can either put on a PPF then the decal on top of the PPF (my car doesn't have full PPF) or just the decal (which I hesitate to do because CA HOV Decal is notoriously hard to remove).

I applied HOV Decal on ceramic coating w/o any problems. Removing needs a little work but not too difficult, just need WD40 and a heat gun. Apllying on PPF is also OK but I have no experience of removing it. Someone says put the stickers on a crap piece of PPF and stick it on top the car PPF. But I don't think it can take a pressure wash.