Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF + Ceramic Coating + Window Tint in LA/OC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone!

I'm going to be receiving my Model 3 on Monday, 12/10/18 and am already at work trying to figure out where to get my window tint done, ceramic coating and PPF done. I'm completely clueless however on what to go with or where to even go. I have gotten several quotes which are all over the place in terms of pricing. Any assistance would be much appreciated! Trying to protect my investment as much as I can and keep it looking good for years.

Either do full hood or no hood, partial hood will get annoying once the lines show up due to dust. As in you'll see a line that go all the way across your hood, which ruins the beautiful hood on the Model 3.

The prices you were quoted are good, a bit too good. Your priority should be to find reputable shops that have done plenty of Teslas with great reviews from Tesla owners. Once you know who they are, get quotes from them and go from there.

Either do full hood or no hood, partial hood will get annoying once the lines show up due to dust. As in you'll see a line that go all the way across your hood, which ruins the beautiful hood on the Model 3.

The prices you were quoted are good, a bit too good. Your priority should be to find reputable shops that have done plenty of Teslas with great reviews from Tesla owners. Once you know who they are, get quotes from them and go from there.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the hood! I got this quote from MG Window Tint in Costa Mesa, tried to search the forum to see if anyone has had work done with them before but seems the forum wont search the name.

Hello Everyone!

I'm going to be receiving my Model 3 on Monday, 12/10/18 and am already at work trying to figure out where to get my window tint done, ceramic coating and PPF done. I'm completely clueless however on what to go with or where to even go. I have gotten several quotes which are all over the place in terms of pricing. Any assistance would be much appreciated! Trying to protect my investment as much as I can and keep it looking good for years.

Pricing is definitely a wide range especially since products, service, and experience varies between shops.
Tinting:
Figure out what your main reason is for tint. If you only care about privacy, you don't have to spend too much to get solid dark film. Heat rejection films are where the cost can start to increase and vary.

PPF:
Figure out what your main reason is for wanting PPF. Depending on your concern, you may want to look at doing only certain/few panels, or maybe even an entire car. There's a few brands out there and they all have their pros and cons so see which pros you need and which cons you can live with.

Ceramic Coating:
These range in longevity and even sometimes gloss but pretty much any solid brand should be a noticeable difference from how your paint looks now. Keep in mind if you get a ceramic coating, you want to make sure you can (or a professional detailer near you can) maintain the upkeep of proper washes to fully maximize its life. Otherwise it's a waste.

At the end of the day, I highly recommend going to see the shops in person in your area. Talk to the people, check out the environment, see the work (if they are comfortable with clients in the work environment for insurance/safety purposes) and the prices, and see which place makes you feel the most comfortable. There's more to it than price.

Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up regarding the hood! I got this quote from MG Window Tint in Costa Mesa, tried to search the forum to see if anyone has had work done with them before but seems the forum wont search the name.

I personally went to Doctor Detail at Costa Mesa for my PPF and ceramic coating (soon I'll get tint done there as well). Talk to Darren, he's the owner and very hands on. He'll give you options to suit your budget and he's upfront about everything. They do good work. Tesla Service at Costa Mesa directs people to his shops for some of the things they don't do. So definitely check with Darren to see if they can get you taken care of.

Hello Everyone!

I had two Tesla’s done at Transhine Whittier...full hood PPF (xpel) window tint (ceramic) and ceramic coating (c-quartz). Did a great job and they have done a lot of Teslas

a
Hello Everyone!

Where did you end up going and what was your cost (if you don't mind stating). I just received a quote for $1300 to tint all windows and windshield. That blew me away.

a

Where did you end up going and what was your cost (if you don't mind stating). I just received a quote for $1300 to tint all windows and windshield. That blew me away.

If you're interested, shoot us a message with your location and I can have our office in Anaheim get a list of SunTek dealers in your area so you can explore some more quotes.

A top of the line tint on those large windows/difficulty of rear glass and including windshield will definitely be on the higher end but I am hoping we can help you reduce that price.

Reactions: dame3780