Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF, Ceramic Coating, Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sharing the pics of Tesla after XPEL PPF full front, Modesta ceramic coating, and window tinting. Looks so awesome that I needed to share.

Window tint is 35% on the sides and 15% on the back.

All done at Chicago Auto Pros. They are great! Highly recommend!

IMG_9066.jpg
IMG_9067.jpg
IMG_9068.jpg
IMG_9069.jpg

Looks great! How much did the ceramic coating cost? I’m trying to find a place. How many years is it guaranteed for?

It cost $900. Its last 3+ years. Its not the top of the line but was the best for my budget. Called Modesta BC-08. Covered all painted parts, door jambs, glass, rim, rim barrels and calipers.

Looks awesome! With the XPEL - did they just do the bumper, bonnet and front fenders (I guess mirrors too)? Do you notice any difference of feel or look vs the areas without film?

It covered full front bumper, full fenders, hood and side mirrors. Feels the same, but there is ceramic coating on top of that, so not sure if would be different without it. If you look very very close and compare with the side panel you can see the wrap like a plastic film but you really have to try seeing it, is virtually invisible.

It cost $900. Its last 3+ years. Its not the top of the line but was the best for my budget. Called Modesta BC-08. Covered all painted parts, door jambs, glass, rim, rim barrels and calipers.

It covered full front bumper, full fenders, hood and side mirrors. Feels the same, but there is ceramic coating on top of that, so not sure if would be different without it. If you look very very close and compare with the side panel you can see the wrap like a plastic film but you really have to try seeing it, is virtually invisible.
How how long was your car in the shop? I’m planning on using Chicago Auto Pros once my car is delivered. Definitely for tinting and coating. Might not be able to handle it too well if I have to leave it there overnight!

Guys, I just had my first tinting done on Model S glass roof. When I got it, there appears to be a seam running along the center in the inside. It can't be seen on the outside of the car. It looks to me like an error or a bad install. Is this usual
20180627_184723[1].jpg
or do I need to go back and get this redone? I appreciate your advice on this having not done tinting before. Thanks for your input (and I'm sorry for the poor photo quality, but it is the line down the middle to which I'm referring.)

Sharing the pics of Tesla after XPEL PPF full front, Modesta ceramic coating, and window tinting. Looks so awesome that I needed to share.

Window tint is 35% on the sides and 15% on the back.

All done at Chicago Auto Pros. They are great! Highly recommend!

View attachment 311538 View attachment 311539 View attachment 311540 View attachment 311541

Why did you chose 15% on the back? I’m having my MS tinted tomorrow and chose 35% all around. You car looks great so I’m curious why you chose 15% on the back.

Why did you chose 15% on the back? I’m having my MS tinted tomorrow and chose 35% all around. You car looks great so I’m curious why you chose 15% on the back.

I am tinting my new Model S just like this one with 15% on the back and 35% on the sides. I am taking 15% because it matches the glass roof. I had 35% front, 20% rear and back on my previous Model S.