Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF & Ceramic costs and products

jebinc

MSM Model S PLAID, cream/FSD; MYP, white on white
Supporting Member
Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
In Phoenix, $8-900 for the "Partial Front End"
Same in Seattle. Partial front, with mirrors, cups, door edges - $800. Those OP prices must include diamond grit, sans lube, for that custom ream job!
I use CarPros cQuartz 3.0 UK version for ceramic coating.

Larry in TN

Jul 26, 2021
Nashville, TN
Thanks. So is this a FULL vehicle protective wrap? Or just vital parts? Im very new to how this works.
The prices I listed in post #15 were for full-front PPF. I'm paying an extra ~$600 to add the rocker panels (lower-sides between wheels) and behind the rear wheels. Full-car quotes ranged from just under $6,000 to $10,000. More than I wanted to pay.

The prices for ceramic coating are for the full car.

Larry in TN

Jul 26, 2021
Nashville, TN
Picked up the car today. It looks fantastic. Very shiny. I'm looking forward to see how easily it cleans up once it gets dirty. Very happy with the service at Lux Auto in Hendersonville.

Model 3.jpg

danimal376

Nov 22, 2021
Charlotte, NC
Hi am in NC Clayton close to Raleigh, got my from www.Kingtuttgraphics.com Xpel Utlimate Plus.

Custom Amount$1,475.00T
2021 TESLA MODEL Y ; FULL FRONTAL PACKAGE USING XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS.
-10 YEAR WARRANTY IS INCLUDED.
-COVERAGE AREAS TO INCLUDE:
*A-PILLARS(2)
*MIRROS(2)
*HEADLIGHTS(2)
*FRONT BUMPER
*HOOD
*FENDERS(2)
1 X $1,475.00
Custom Amount$189.00T
2021 TESLA MODEL Y ; WINDOW TINTING OF THE FRONT WINDSHEILD USING XPEL PRIME XR PLUS 70% CLEAR CERAMIC TINT. LIFETIME WARRANTY IS INCLUDED.
1 X $189.00
Custom Amount$425.00T
2021 TESLA MODEL Y ; WINDOW TINTING OF SIDES AND REAR NO ROOF USING XPEL PRIME XR PLUS. LIFETIME WARRANTY IS INCLUDED.
1 X $425.00
Custom Amount$150.00
Painted Emblems
1 X $150.00
Subtotal$2,239.00
How was your experience with them? I'm in Charlotte but in Raleigh often, so I can easily expand my search outside the CLT area. I checked out their website, but noticed nothing about ceramic.

CHGolferJim

Supporting Member
Jan 28, 2014
Chapel Hill, NC
got a quote today....although...I'n in NC...full front Xpel Ultimate plus for

front bumper
headlights
mirrors
fenders
and hood
$1,800

This sounds reasonable to me...
You might want to add the A pillars and the cross piece above the windshield; also, ensure the installer will hide all seams by wrapping around the edges. For comparison, my full body Xpel was 4K 3-4 years ago In Raleigh.

Reactions: E.Potter

E.Potter

Sep 15, 2021
North Carolina
You might want to add the A pillars and the cross piece above the windshield; also, ensure the installer will hide all seams by wrapping around the edges. For comparison, my full body Xpel was 4K 3-4 years ago In Raleigh.
yes they will be wrapping the edges...that's the first thing I asked...thx....as far as the a pillars go...I think that doesn't take much damage if at all...but they are very straight forward...so the simple stuff I know I can do myself for sure

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC