Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF & Ceramic costs and products

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been reading about PPF and ceramic coatings but haven't decided if it'll be worthwhile for me.

There's a business near me that I used to remove badly-applied window tint on a used Mazda I bought a number of years ago and I was impressed with their operation. I asked for quotes on options for PPF and Ceramic for my upcoming Model 3 and received the following quotes.

PPF is XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS. Packages are:
Partial Front End Package: $2,000​
Full Front End Package: $3,000​
Full Front End PLUS+ Package: $4,000​
Full Vehicle Package: $10,000​

Ceramic Coasting is XPEL FUSION PLUS and is $2,500 or $3,000 if door jams, plastic, and trunk are included.

These prices are significantly higher than I was expecting. I'm not sure if this is reasonable, and the XPEL products are that high-end, or if it's over-priced. He has a very clean shop and seemed knowable in our discussions so I don't doubt they'd do a good job. At these prices, I doubt I'd do more than the Partial front end PPF and $2,500 Ceramic, if that.

The shop's website is nomorenix.com and have two locations. The Nashville location is about two miles from my home.

Thanks.

Reactions: doc5339
I have been reading about PPF and ceramic coatings but haven't decided if it'll be worthwhile for me.

There's a business near me that I used to remove badly-applied window tint on a used Mazda I bought a number of years ago and I was impressed with their operation. I asked for quotes on options for PPF and Ceramic for my upcoming Model 3 and received the following quotes.

Ceramic Coasting is XPEL FUSION PLUS and is $2,500 or $3,000 if door jams, plastic, and trunk are included.

These prices are significantly higher than I was expecting. I'm not sure if this is reasonable, and the XPEL products are that high-end, or if it's over-priced. He has a very clean shop and seemed knowable in our discussions so I don't doubt they'd do a good job. At these prices, I doubt I'd do more than the Partial front end PPF and $2,500 Ceramic, if that.

The shop's website is nomorenix.com and have two locations. The Nashville location is about two miles from my home.

Thanks.
I’d say run away from that shop. I’ve gotten quotes for 6k for my Model S refresh from a super reputable place in Los Angeles.

I can’t imagine someone paying 10k just for PPF

Reactions: MFJJ702
Me neither.

I've found another place, The Madd Tinter in Gallatin, which is a lot less and has quality reviews. I'm going to go up and talk to them soon.
I am also in the process of looking for a good XPEL PPF installer in this general area. I’m in Franklin. I found a place in Murfreesboro through the XPEL installer locator:

They seem to have very good reviews both on Google and Facebook. Since I have to travel from Franklin, driving to Nashville or Murfreesboro won’t make too much of a difference if I can get quality work for a good price.

Do you know whether the quotes you received from Auto Armor (nomoremix.com) includes custom PPF panels as opposed to prefabricated sizes? I have read that if an installer offers custom panels, the cost is significantly higher than prefab. The appearance would be a lot better with custom because there would be no visible seams. Prefab panels can have seams and can become visible if/when dirt accumulates.

Please post an update on what you think of Madd Tinter.

Thanks!

Do you know whether the quotes you received from Auto Armor (nomoremix.com) includes custom PPF panels as opposed to prefabricated sizes? I have read that if an installer offers custom panels, the cost is significantly higher than prefab. The appearance would be a lot better with custom because there would be no visible seams. Prefab panels can have seams and can become visible if/when dirt accumulates.
I don't know, but I'll ask. Auto Armor is less than two miles from me so I plan to go by and ask why they're so much more expensive. Also planning to visit the Madd Tinter.

Hi all, new Model S LR owner here.

I am super new to the "high-end" car owning scheme, so I have like 0 clue about the protections I should apply to my Model S. I've been getting quotes from the Bay Area (CA) detailing shops like this :

ItemCost
Paint Protection FIlm
Front End Paint Protection Film$3,195.00
Ceramic Coating
CQuartz Finest Reserve$2,600.00
Best Value
Full PPF Wrap - 100% Custom Install$9,000.00
Includes CQuartz Finest Reserve
STEK DYNOFlex - Windshield Protection Film$600.00

It just seems so expensive - anyone else in the Bay Area have any recommendations? Especially the different types of Ceramic Coatings?

It's critical to get the commitment of the installer to wrap around all edges of each panel/mirror, etc., BEFORE you accept a quotation for a job (recommend all in a written estimate). I greatly regret not doing that for my S in 2017 as it has many seams showing as they gather dirt if you're not meticulous in cleaning it. Annoys the sh*t out of me on a $4k full clear wrap.

Hi all, new Model S LR owner here.

I am super new to the "high-end" car owning scheme, so I have like 0 clue about the protections I should apply to my Model S. I've been getting quotes from the Bay Area (CA) detailing shops like this :

ItemCost
Paint Protection FIlm
Front End Paint Protection Film$3,195.00
Ceramic Coating
CQuartz Finest Reserve$2,600.00
Best Value
Full PPF Wrap - 100% Custom Install$9,000.00
Includes CQuartz Finest Reserve
STEK DYNOFlex - Windshield Protection Film$600.00

It just seems so expensive - anyone else in the Bay Area have any recommendations? Especially the different types of Ceramic Coatings?
seems a bit overpriced? i've gotten quotes for 5-6k full wrap and it seems to be pretty consistent around Los Angeles.

Thanks.
Hi am in NC Clayton close to Raleigh, got my from www.Kingtuttgraphics.com Xpel Utlimate Plus.

Custom Amount$1,475.00T
2021 TESLA MODEL Y ; FULL FRONTAL PACKAGE USING XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS.
-10 YEAR WARRANTY IS INCLUDED.
-COVERAGE AREAS TO INCLUDE:
*A-PILLARS(2)
*MIRROS(2)
*HEADLIGHTS(2)
*FRONT BUMPER
*HOOD
*FENDERS(2)
1 X $1,475.00
Custom Amount$189.00T
2021 TESLA MODEL Y ; WINDOW TINTING OF THE FRONT WINDSHEILD USING XPEL PRIME XR PLUS 70% CLEAR CERAMIC TINT. LIFETIME WARRANTY IS INCLUDED.
1 X $189.00
Custom Amount$425.00T
2021 TESLA MODEL Y ; WINDOW TINTING OF SIDES AND REAR NO ROOF USING XPEL PRIME XR PLUS. LIFETIME WARRANTY IS INCLUDED.
1 X $425.00
Custom Amount$150.00
Painted Emblems
1 X $150.00
Subtotal$2,239.00

I visited three PPF/Ceramic installers in the Nashville area yesterday.

Auto Armor Window Tint and Paint Protections, 14813 Lebanon Rd, Old Hickory, TN 37138
Lux Auto Spa/Ceramic Pro Nashville, 40 Industrial Park Dr #E, Hendersonville, TN 37075
The Madd Tinter, 961 Memory Ln, Gallatin, TN 37066

I was impressed with all three. They all had the plotter/cutters for the PPF, wrap the edges, and were knowledgeable and enthusiast about their products and the quality of their service. After the visits, I would be comfortable having any of them work on my car.

I am interested in getting the full front PPF package and ceramic coating. I did not talk to them about window tinting. I will list the price quotes as Full front PFF + Ceramic = Total. There were two big differences between the three three shops; the products they use and the prices and my decision will come down to those two factors.

Auto Armor - $3,000 + $2,500 = $5,500 - XPEL products
Auto Armor is very close to my house and I'd like to use them just for that convenience. They are, by far, the most expensive. Interestingly, they also are the shop which has the longest wait (~ 1-1/2 months) to be scheduled. My impression is that they are very knowledgeable and experienced. The shop is clean and organized. They have the most professional presentation of the three. I am sure that they have excellent results.

Lux Auto Spa/Ceramic Pro- $1,590 (+ ~$250 for paint correction) + $1,050 (Lifetime warranty) = $2,890 - Ceramic Pro products
This shop had the least refined appearance, and the largest garage/work area. The person I talked to was very enthusiastic about the Ceramic Pro products and the quality of their work. They seem to have significant flexibility in customizing the job to your specifications. He previously worked for the owner of Auto Armor and had nothing but good things to say about him and his business but admitted that they were targeting the high-end of the market and that is reflected in their pricing. They had a number of cars in the shop and all looked beautiful but none of them were PPF jobs. Timeframe for scheduling was a week or two. I left this shop thinking that I'd pick them but wanted to learn more about Ceramic Pro vs. XPEL before deciding.

The Madd Tinter - $2,000 + $1,500 = $3,500 - XPEL products
This shop is in a new building and has two bays. The shop isn't as refined as Auto Armor's but is well above average as compared to your typical automotive shop. This seems to be a lower volume shop than Lux Auto and he says that they may be raising prices soon, but would honor my original quote. The shop owner also knew the owners of Auto Armor and had similarly good things to say about them and agreed that they were targeting the higher-end of the market. He very strongly believes that XPEL has the superior product based on his past experience installing both Xpel and Ceramic Pro. Scheduling timeframe is 1-1/2 to 2 weeks.

I know who I'll pick. What do you think?

Thanks.
What did you end up doing? I'm in Nashville as well and am considering dyi.

Auto Armor Window Tint and Paint Protections, 14813 Lebanon Rd, Old Hickory, TN 37138
Lux Auto Spa/Ceramic Pro Nashville, 40 Industrial Park Dr #E, Hendersonville, TN 37075

I was impressed with all three. They all had the plotter/cutters for the PPF, wrap the edges, and were knowledgeable and enthusiast about their products and the quality of their service. After the visits, I would be comfortable having any of them work on my car.

I am interested in getting the full front PPF package and ceramic coating. I did not talk to them about window tinting. I will list the price quotes as Full front PFF + Ceramic = Total. There were two big differences between the three three shops; the products they use and the prices and my decision will come down to those two factors.

Auto Armor is very close to my house and I'd like to use them just for that convenience. They are, by far, the most expensive. Interestingly, they also are the shop which has the longest wait (~ 1-1/2 months) to be scheduled. My impression is that they are very knowledgeable and experienced. The shop is clean and organized. They have the most professional presentation of the three. I am sure that they have excellent results.

Lux Auto Spa/Ceramic Pro- $1,590 (+ ~$250 for paint correction) + $1,050 (Lifetime warranty) = $2,890 - Ceramic Pro products
This shop had the least refined appearance, and the largest garage/work area. The person I talked to was very enthusiastic about the Ceramic Pro products and the quality of their work. They seem to have significant flexibility in customizing the job to your specifications. He previously worked for the owner of Auto Armor and had nothing but good things to say about him and his business but admitted that they were targeting the high-end of the market and that is reflected in their pricing. They had a number of cars in the shop and all looked beautiful but none of them were PPF jobs. Timeframe for scheduling was a week or two. I left this shop thinking that I'd pick them but wanted to learn more about Ceramic Pro vs. XPEL before deciding.

This shop is in a new building and has two bays. The shop isn't as refined as Auto Armor's but is well above average as compared to your typical automotive shop. This seems to be a lower volume shop than Lux Auto and he says that they may be raising prices soon, but would honor my original quote. The shop owner also knew the owners of Auto Armor and had similarly good things to say about them and agreed that they were targeting the higher-end of the market. He very strongly believes that XPEL has the superior product based on his past experience installing both Xpel and Ceramic Pro. Scheduling timeframe is 1-1/2 to 2 weeks.

Lux?

Auto Armor for PPF and Lux for ceramic?

Reactions: thapreacha
I took delivery of my car today. I'm scheduled to drop it off on Monday for the PPF and Ceramic.

I chose Lux Auto in Hendersonville. It was a difficult choice between them and the Madd Tinter. I spent a lot of time researching Xpel PPF vs. Ceramic Pro PPF but didn't find much. I concluded that either brand's products would do a good job at what I wanted.

Lux Auto, with their Ceramic Pro products, was slightly less expensive which allowed me to add, what they call, the Track Pack, for just about the same price as the full-front from Madd Tinter. This extends the PPF down the rocker panels and behind the rear wheels.

Bottom line was that all three of the shops I visited seems like great options. Auto Armor's price is significantly higher, though, and I didn't see anything they offered that justified the higher price. The primary different between Lux Auto and Madd Tinter was that they use different brands. If you have a preference of one over the other then that'll drive your choice.

Reactions: thapreacha
I took delivery of my car today. I'm scheduled to drop it off on Monday for the PPF and Ceramic.

I chose Lux Auto in Hendersonville. It was a difficult choice between them and the Madd Tinter. I spent a lot of time researching Xpel PPF vs. Ceramic Pro PPF but didn't find much. I concluded that either brand's products would do a good job at what I wanted.

Lux Auto, with their Ceramic Pro products, was slightly less expensive which allowed me to add, what they call, the Track Pack, for just about the same price as the full-front from Madd Tinter. This extends the PPF down the rocker panels and behind the rear wheels.

Bottom line was that all three of the shops I visited seems like great options. Auto Armor's price is significantly higher, though, and I didn't see anything they offered that justified the higher price. The primary different between Lux Auto and Madd Tinter was that they use different brands. If you have a preference of one over the other then that'll drive your choice.
May I ask, which brand does Lux use? Also, what was the price point? Again, I am in Nashville as well. Considering DIY....