Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF/Ceramic - Recommend Mob Auto Boutique in North Houston

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a cousin who owns a shop "Mob Auto Boutique" in the northside highly recommend them. Does Wraps, Tints, PPF, Ceramic, the works. I would contact him for a quote, I can vouch for his work. I'm sure his rates are competitive. We are taking my wifes range this week to do Paint correction and Ceramic Coating. Check out his page and his work on instagram. Let me know what you think

My problem with the shop I used in the past with great results for tint (Texas Tint Masters - Car, Home, & Office Window Tinting) is that they don't do any paint correction. (they do PPF) I really feel that will be needed prior to doing any PPF install. That being said, I am looking to at least do ceramic tint and PPF. If I do PPF on the entire car I don't know that I would do ceramic as well. I guess it depends on the PPF that is used. For example I think the SunTek product some shops use has the hydrophobic properties unlike the 3M.

Reactions: Triplem086
My problem with the shop I used in the past with great results for tint (Texas Tint Masters - Car, Home, & Office Window Tinting) is that they don't do any paint correction. (they do PPF) I really feel that will be needed prior to doing any PPF install. That being said, I am looking to at least do ceramic tint and PPF. If I do PPF on the entire car I don't know that I would do ceramic as well. I guess it depends on the PPF that is used. For example I think the SunTek product some shops use has the hydrophobic properties unlike the 3M.
Yea, I know he does paint correction we are doing that this week on my wifes car. At the minimal, ill be doing full front ppf, ceramic, and tint on the windows/windshield. I do also know that I believe he carries several brands of PPF, Tint from my understanding.

Like I said, give him a call I know he will give good discounted group rates

What did you ask him to price out for you and how much was it? I wasn't going to call until I at least get my VIN and delivery close to being scheduled.
I'm not going to give out his prices (bad business practice) but I can tell you it's great pricing.

Front and rocker PPF. Ceramic coating package (5 years), tint (all 4 windows and windshield). Give him a call really nice guy.

Uses Suntek films (if you care about those kinda things). He's currently booked out for 2 weeks.

Reactions: Triplem086 and Soap
I'm not going to give out his prices (bad business practice) but I can tell you it's great pricing.

Front and rocker PPF. Ceramic coating package (5 years), tint (all 4 windows and windshield). Give him a call really nice guy.

Uses Suntek films (if you care about those kinda things). He's currently booked out for 2 weeks.
Yea, I was wondering if it was 3M or Suntek for ceramic tint and PPF. Thank you.

Reactions: FloridaStateNe

Awesome, yea I would say his rates are very competitive and work is on par with the best as he does some pretty high end cars.

Would you say Suntek is better than 3m. I'm not too knowledgeable with ppf/tint brands other than the fact that most people use Xpel (however I know that can be pricier)

Awesome, yea I would say his rates are very competitive and work is on par with the best as he does some pretty high end cars.

Would you say Suntek is better than 3m. I'm not too knowledgeable with ppf/tint brands other than the fact that most people use Xpel (however I know that can be pricier)
Suntek film has a hydrophobic properties built in.... aka easier to wash. 3m doesn't. You almost have to ceramic coat it to get the same effect. It's not necessary with suntek as it's built in.

Otherwise both films are great. Alot of it comes down to installer and what they're comfortable with working with.

Reactions: Triplem086
I

I have a contact as well, he’s done multiple classic vehicles for us and his lead time is a little shorter, got me in next week right after my delivery. He’s put together a Tesla vehicle package that includes full frontal PPF, choice of 1,2 or 5 year ceramic coating and window tint. I’ll start a new thread with his information.

Reactions: Soap