Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF/Ceramic - Recommend Mob Auto Boutique in North Houston

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car was perfect. No issues what so ever. Really impressed with how smooth it is.

My neighbor (grey m3) was there to look over anything I missed. I'll let you guys know if I find anything.

Attachments

• 20220318_162824.jpg
    20220318_162824.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: Triplem086 and Soap
Nice what did tint % did you go with? ppf on full front? Really swirl marks already? thats sad

Would love to see updated pics after tint/ppf/ceramic. Gives me an idea of what to go for and expect
We had storms in texas so no sun. So I'm sorry for the bad lighting. I'll try and get better pictures tomorrow.

Xpel XR 15% Front 30% back. 70% windshield.

& yes the austin center left a spray on wax on the car but it left swirl marks. Luckily they were able to come right off but still...

Attachments

• 20220321_133040.jpg
    20220321_133040.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 20220321_133050.jpg
    20220321_133050.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: Soap and Triplem086
We had storms in texas so no sun. So I'm sorry for the bad lighting. I'll try and get better pictures tomorrow.

Xpel XR 15% Front 30% back. 70% windshield.

& yes the austin center left a spray on wax on the car but it left swirl marks. Luckily they were able to come right off but still...
awesome, this is exactly how i want my tint to look i was going to go 20% in the front and maybe leave the back windows alone since its already dark but may as well just get the UV protection on them while im there. 15% looks awesome nonetheless. Also was deciding between 50 and 70 in the front windshield but may just keep it at 70%. Car looks great, cant wait to get mine done up the same way.

awesome, this is exactly how i want my tint to look i was going to go 20% in the front and maybe leave the back windows alone since its already dark but may as well just get the UV protection on them while im there. 15% looks awesome nonetheless. Also was deciding between 50 and 70 in the front windshield but may just keep it at 70%. Car looks great, cant wait to get mine done up the same way.
Yeah I didn't want anyone to see my kids in the back at all and I wanted the UV protection. The 30% on the back is pretty dark. I bet that brings the back to 5%.

I believe a perfect match is 20% Front 70% back FYI.

Reactions: Triplem086
Just seeing these posts now, looks really good. Sadly I am still waiting to get my car back, dropped it off Friday morning but looks like they didn't actually start on it until Monday morning. Wish I had known, because I would not have brought it over when I did. Hoping to get it back sooner than later.

Reactions: FloridaStateNe
Just seeing these posts now, looks really good. Sadly I am still waiting to get my car back, dropped it off Friday morning but looks like they didn't actually start on it until Monday morning. Wish I had known, because I would not have brough it over when I did. Hoping to get it back sooner than later.
Yeah I got lucky as soon as I got my vin I told my detail guy and he blocked his weekend to work on my car. Dropped it off Saturday 9am and got it back Sunday 7pm.

Ended up going with the Suntek CeramicIR (70% windshield, 70% back doors and back glass, and then 30% front windows. Will post picks when I get the car of course. This is what we determined should match the closest all around.

Were you able to pick up your car? Share pics on how it turned out
I just got back from picking it up, I still need to bring it back in 2 weeks to get my emblems put back on and take care of any of these bubbles that are still present as well as trim any edges that don't lay flat. My only regret I think is having that spoiler removed for the PPF, currently it does not seem to want to stay stuck down. Not sure if its an issue with the PPF or what. Actually pretty frustrated with that right now and really wishing I had them cut around it or just not have done that lift gate section with PPF. Really wasn't expecting to have to run back over there after not having the car for an entire week but it is what it is. Faezan is a super nice guy, no regrets using them just wish I had done a few things differently.

I just got back from picking it up, I still need to bring it back in 2 weeks to get my emblems put back on and take care of any of these bubbles that are still present as well as trim any edges that don't lay flat. My only regret I think is having that spoiler removed for the PPF, currently it does not seem to want to stay stuck down. Not sure if its an issue with the PPF or what. Actually pretty frustrated with that right now and really wishing I had them cut around it or just not have done that lift gate section with PPF. Really wasn't expecting to have to run back over there after not having the car for an entire week but it is what it is. Faezan is a super nice guy, no regrets using them just wish I had done a few things differently.
Fair enough, Ya I don't plan on doing a full PPF but I can see how those would be issues

Reactions: FloridaStateNe
Hmm. If it helps you mine is already coming up and I've had it barely a week 🥴😅 .... I noticed it today. The sides are coming up. I just know it's a common problem.

• Disagree
You can use 3m extreme double sided mounting tape to remount your spoiler. That’s what Tesla uses to stick them on.