Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF + Ceramic Tint + Installer Recommendations in/around Southern Ontario.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - new joiner here.

Have my red/black M3LR ordered with EDD 17th-31st Mar. I have been reviewing options and accessories. Two of the things I certainly want done as close to Day 1 as possible is the tinting and PPF installed.

From PPF perspective, I was thinking of doing a full body wrap with XPEL Glossy - but the quotes I am getting are $4-4.5+. so now thinking just to go with the essential to keep cost down. Based on reading the various threads, this would be to get the front bumper, and behind the wheel protected with PPF, as they are most likely spots to get dinged or chipped by stones - is that correct? Second, if at a later point I decide to get my whole car covered with XPEL - would they just apply it to the “untreated” parts? Or would it have to be a complete reinstall?

And for tint- I just wanted confirmation that the 2022 M3 come with what tint for the roof and back windows? To best comply with Ontario Laws, I was hoping to put ceramic tint of 80–90% on the front,roof and back windows. this would not given the dark look - but at least would help with heat retention? Good assumption? The sides will be as close to 30% as possible…

And if you had any good experiences with folks who can install both the PPF and Tint - please do send them my way. Doing my shop research on the side as well…

Hi - new joiner here.

Have my red/black M3LR ordered with EDD 17th-31st Mar. I have been reviewing options and accessories. Two of the things I certainly want done as close to Day 1 as possible is the tinting and PPF installed.

From PPF perspective, I was thinking of doing a full body wrap with XPEL Glossy - but the quotes I am getting are $4-4.5+. so now thinking just to go with the essential to keep cost down. Based on reading the various threads, this would be to get the front bumper, and behind the wheel protected with PPF, as they are most likely spots to get dinged or chipped by stones - is that correct? Second, if at a later point I decide to get my whole car covered with XPEL - would they just apply it to the “untreated” parts? Or would it have to be a complete reinstall?

And for tint- I just wanted confirmation that the 2022 M3 come with what tint for the roof and back windows? To best comply with Ontario Laws, I was hoping to put ceramic tint of 80–90% on the front,roof and back windows. this would not given the dark look - but at least would help with heat retention? Good assumption? The sides will be as close to 30% as possible…

And if you had any good experiences with folks who can install both the PPF and Tint - please do send them my way. Doing my shop research on the side as well…

I recommend Inception in Oakville.
Did one of my T3 and tomorrow Ioniq5

You'll get tesla loaner or a rental car.

Reactions: DasTasla
Read the reviews on Jay from Westside Paint protection…amazing. Incredible workmanship and his price is great. He’s OCD with his work.
This is my 3rd vehicle with Jay and never seen work this good. They remove panels not just wrap and tuck in.

He works on teslas, exotics, sports…and his craftsmanship is insanely good.
I’ve been to inception and you need to compare. :)

Attachments

• DC9F528C-F513-44C2-ABAB-1FAD7FFA081C.jpeg
    DC9F528C-F513-44C2-ABAB-1FAD7FFA081C.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 380
  • E5BD11D1-5CB3-435B-BF22-F0E28C0F32A0.jpeg
    E5BD11D1-5CB3-435B-BF22-F0E28C0F32A0.jpeg
    384.9 KB · Views: 254
  • 535A0E03-D5AD-432B-8AF3-C6869B505867.jpeg
    535A0E03-D5AD-432B-8AF3-C6869B505867.jpeg
    367.8 KB · Views: 216
  • F4434FD6-FEF2-4B5E-BC30-93B1CE7FD254.jpeg
    F4434FD6-FEF2-4B5E-BC30-93B1CE7FD254.jpeg
    412.5 KB · Views: 274
We have an actual club partnered with Tesla. There are numerous sponsors that offer tint and PPF.
Consider joining Tesla Owners Club – Ontario
You can also email me these questions to
[email protected] and I can answer you
I am a TOCO member, do any of the sponsors provide a loaner car. My model Y is the only car that I have and have been hesitant to get PPF + Ceramic coating as I won't have a car to drive for 3-4 days.

Read the reviews on Jay from Westside Paint protection…amazing. Incredible workmanship and his price is great. He’s OCD with his work.
This is my 3rd vehicle with Jay and never seen work this good. They remove panels not just wrap and tuck in.

He works on teslas, exotics, sports…and his craftsmanship is insanely good.
I’ve been to inception and you need to compare. :)
Beautiful - what tint is that?

And yes heard AMAZING things about him - I am going to him next week to have my PPF and tint done :)

Hi - new joiner here.

GIVE US A CALL AT 9092310750 WE CAN HELP

Try Jay in Oakville.
He’s incredible. Rates good and ocd meticulous! Had my M3 LR done there recently. Perfection.

You will not be disappointed .
Check his reviews even!
He also does high end porshe, lambos, Ferraris etx but lately all sorts of Teslas. Oakville Tesla even uses him for polish.

Attachments

• E13F2010-DE5C-46AF-A6E6-C41A2E5A97C0.jpeg
    E13F2010-DE5C-46AF-A6E6-C41A2E5A97C0.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 265
Try Jay in Oakville.
He’s incredible. Rates good and ocd meticulous! Had my M3 LR done there recently. Perfection.

You will not be disappointed .
Check his reviews even!
He also does high end porshe, lambos, Ferraris etx but lately all sorts of Teslas. Oakville Tesla even uses him for polish.
May I ask what he charged for ceramic tint for you M3? Front, rear, and roof.