Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF - Clear or Stealth?

PPF - Clear or Stealth?

• Clear

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Stealth

Votes: 40 70.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to get my car PPF and cant decide whether to get stealth or not. What is everyone's opinion here?

For me, I would either want it to be super shiny (like in autoshow) or have it stealth... which one is easier to obtain? Is a ceramic coat on top of ppf required to get the shiny look? does stealth still need a ceramic coat on top?

Please post pics of your cars!

Looking to get my car PPF and cant decide whether to get stealth or not. What is everyone's opinion here?

For me, I would either want it to be super shiny (like in autoshow) or have it stealth... which one is easier to obtain? Is a ceramic coat on top of ppf required to get the shiny look? does stealth still need a ceramic coat on top?

Please post pics of your cars!
5FCD07DC-199D-4BDC-B8FC-6E75359ACC4D.jpeg
0BB3E236-19AD-4534-942C-CC4AFA633C20.jpeg
C0B115F8-CE07-4B58-8AC9-82D222526DB2.jpeg
A1ADFACA-C548-48F0-8105-8BBC0F76239F.jpeg
A1A1962F-C889-43C7-9037-86867640E5FB.jpeg
61ABBA32-D3C1-4C26-A238-632948EB2F81.jpeg

I prefer the matte myself. Basically, putting ceramic over the PPF makes it easier to clean and maintain. Ceramic coat gives it more of the “wet look”. I had shiny before and it tends to show being dirty faster (aka shiny roof with dust). The matte tends to hide the dirt better. Another benefit of PPF: you can use quick detailer and just wipe the vehicle down. I generally only wash it after I have been driving in rain.

View attachment 695138View attachment 695139View attachment 695140View attachment 695141View attachment 695142View attachment 695143
I prefer the matte myself. Basically, putting ceramic over the PPF makes it easier to clean and maintain. Ceramic coat gives it more of the “wet look”. I had shiny before and it tends to show being dirty faster (aka shiny roof with dust). The matte tends to hide the dirt better. Another benefit of PPF: you can use quick detailer and just wipe the vehicle down. I generally only wash it after I have been driving in rain.
The matte PPF looks amazing

Reactions: Schulz1983
I just took delivery of my MYP yesterday and dropped it off this morning to get xpel xr plus tint and xpel stealth ppf for the satin white look. I have clear ppf on my M3P and it still looks good but I wanted to change the look a little bit since both cars are white. Can’t go wrong with either!

Reactions: Schulz1983
We went with Xpel UP. Started on the front but bringing it back to do the whole car PPF and then ceramic on top. Good luck! (I know it's not a Y but figured the PPF is same look on all)

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    622.7 KB · Views: 415
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 618
Reactions: dyau
stealth on most colors is a great option, imo. adds an extra layer of depth to the look. You're already paying so much for the protection, might as well have the car stand out a bit. but you do what makes you happy and proud of your car!

Reactions: dyau
I'm going to be getting XPEL Stealth over my refresh MSLR, and then the ceramic over it.
I have a question regarding whether or not I should also get clear PPF on the front end. Right now I'm slated to get it by the recommendation of the shop doing the work, Q(uintessential) Car Care in Burlington, MA. But it seems a bit redundant, because isn't the XPEL already PPF?
I get that an extra layer will add protection, but at what price? Isn't another clear layer over the XPEL material not going to look as good as just the XPEL alone? Even if just because that added layer will have an edge?
Thoughts?

I'm going to be getting XPEL Stealth over my refresh MSLR, and then the ceramic over it.
I have a question regarding whether or not I should also get clear PPF on the front end. Right now I'm slated to get it by the recommendation of the shop doing the work, Q(uintessential) Car Care in Burlington, MA. But it seems a bit redundant, because isn't the XPEL already PPF?
I get that an extra layer will add protection, but at what price? Isn't another clear layer over the XPEL material not going to look as good as just the XPEL alone? Even if just because that added layer will have an edge?
Thoughts?
The way it was described to me is that PPF is more durable as it's usually ~8mm thick while most Stelth films are 3mm. You may want to specifically ask that

The way it was described to me is that PPF is more durable as it's usually ~8mm thick while most Stelth films are 3mm. You may want to specifically ask that
I was going to ask about this also. I know PPF is thicker than a typical wrap. What thickness is the stealth/matte wrap?

Love the stealth look, but I also want maximum paint protection on the front end.