Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF / ClearBra might save your (bumper's) life!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parallel parked the roadster last night, leaving ample room BUT, upon returning from dinner I was presented with this horror show:
ZAYy7yB.jpg

KyAERea.jpg

Basically was a hit and run. No clues as to who did it.

Luckily... I had a local detailer remove the clear bra on the bumper today and turns out there was NO DAMAGE underneath! Amazing.
kKgZzaF.jpg

Just a little PSA to "always keep it wrapped up!" :D

Attachments

• IMG_3117.JPG
    IMG_3117.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3116.JPG
    IMG_3116.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3108.JPG
    IMG_3108.JPG
    260 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3106.JPG
    IMG_3106.JPG
    382.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3105.JPG
    IMG_3105.JPG
    328.2 KB · Views: 47
Wow, great that your car did not sustain damage from being hit.
Question. I just recently purchased a roaster. The previous owner stated that he spent about $4k having the clear bra plus most of the rest of the car wrapped with a 3M product. I do notice that under certain lighting conditions, the area wrapped seems to be a slightly different color shade than the paint area with no wrapping. It looks worse in this photo than with the naked eye but it does bother me some. Is this normal?
IMG_0672.JPG

Last edited:
I just recently purchased a roaster. The previous owner stated that he spent about $4k having the clear bra plus most of the rest of the car wrapped with the 3M product. I do notice that under certain lighting conditions, the area wrapped seems to be a slightly different color shade than the paint area with no wrapping. It looks worse in this photo than with the naked eye but it does bother me some. Is this normal?
View attachment 276891
Not on mine

• Helpful
Reactions: Stewie26
I do notice that under certain lighting conditions, the area wrapped seems to be a slightly different color shade than the paint area with no wrapping. It looks worse in this photo than with the naked eye but it does bother me some. Is this normal?
The difference in color may not be due to the wrap, it may be in the paint. My car also shows some subtle color differences between panels where both are not wrapped.

BTW, my car also suffered a parking lot collision on the front bumper where the factory-applied 3M StarShield protected the paint even though in one spot there was a 3/8" hole in the wrap.

Reactions: Stewie26