Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF Cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A local shop will do $800+tax and would cover the full front bumper, partial hood & fenders, and the side mirrors.
I asked for the full hood and it went from $800 to $1,500.. Seems like a HUGE jump just to do the rest of the hood.

What has everyone else paid and for how much coverage?

A local shop will do $800+tax and would cover the full front bumper, partial hood & fenders, and the side mirrors.
I asked for the full hood and it went from $800 to $1,500.. Seems like a HUGE jump just to do the rest of the hood.

I’m in Central NJ and got quoted $1700 for Full Hood, L/R fenders, Full Front Bumper and Side mirrors. They throw in front lights and fogs along with center console (Vinyl or PPF). This is for Suntek Ultra.

I got a quote for $1750 for Xpel Ultimate Plus for the same but center console is just PPF.

Decided to go with Suntek Ultra because it’s slightly more glossier/clear along with hydrophobic (water repellent) properties. Xpel is probably the more durable product but I wanted a true clear product.

I paid about $1500 for the second option you described (full hood, bumper, etc.). Seemed to be about the going rate in my area of WA. It was suntek ppf.

Hi @jayely1 - yes, this is normal when you go from partial hood to full hood coverage. It's mainly due to the amount of PPF extra they'd have to use.

I got mine done for partial hood, full front & full fender, side mirrors for $475 (local detailer also). It would've been $1,500 if i wanted full hood. that's the norm prices you'll find these days for full frontal (full frontal being full hood coverage)

Did anyone have to sign a paint damage waiver? Had a shop tell me that bc of tesla paint.

Also wondering if anyone has actually removed ppf from a tesla when you have to replace it 5-10 years. I know they require a waiver when removing it. Seems pointless if the thing it is protecting get ripped off the car.

Did anyone have to sign a paint damage waiver? Had a shop tell me that bc of tesla paint.

Also wondering if anyone has actually removed ppf from a tesla when you have to replace it 5-10 years. I know they require a waiver when removing it. Seems pointless if the thing it is protecting get ripped off the car.

I would find a different installer.

Reactions: Tennesseehorn