Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF Cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm very happy with the tint they did. The ppf had a couple bad spots that I had to take back and have them fix. It's been good since the fix though

I really wish there was a place around here that would do paint correction and PPF. When I mentioned to ADS just fixing a couple small spots the guy said it had been years since he did any polishing or anything... which didn’t build confidence, so I told him not to worry about it.

I really wish there was a place around here that would do paint correction and PPF. When I mentioned to ADS just fixing a couple small spots the guy said it had been years since he did any polishing or anything... which didn’t build confidence, so I told him not to worry about it.

My buddy had a bad experience with ADS when he took his model 3 there a couple years back, so I avoided them.

TC Detail in West Richland does paint correction. That's where I took my Y for it's ceramic coat.

I paid $1450 here in STL for The FULL FRONT package with Expel Ultimate, includes bumper, hood, fenders, headlights and mirrors. I added the lower portion of the doors (high threat area) for another $350 and than added door edge protection for another $95. So $1880 OTD

I didn’t opt for any coating and to my surprise when I parked my blue MY alongside a friends blue MY that had the exact same film applied by the same shop a week earlier but added a ceramic coating. So I gave my car a quick wipe down with the new Turtle Wax Ceramic Sealer and for about $3 of product twice a year, It looks as good if not better than his $1500 ceramic coating. I'd save the $$$ on those coating on top of the PPF. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: raggedy and J-HevA
I'm doing a full stealth Xpel wrap plus ceramic coating for $7k on Long Island, NY for my new Model Y Performance. They also do a paint correction prior to applying the wrap. Comes with a 10-year warranty.
Can't you get your car fully repainted for that? ;)
Hi @jayely1 - yes, this is normal when you go from partial hood to full hood coverage. It's mainly due to the amount of PPF extra they'd have to use.

I got mine done for partial hood, full front & full fender, side mirrors for $475 (local detailer also). It would've been $1,500 if i wanted full hood. that's the norm prices you'll find these days for full frontal (full frontal being full hood coverage)
That makes no sense man.. $475 to $1,500 and the only difference is partial hood to full hood??

Can't you get your car fully repainted for that? ;)

That makes no sense man.. $475 to $1,500 and the only difference is partial hood to full hood??

I don't run a detail business, bud - don't have the answer for ya. That's just what the quote(s) came out to be. I also don't know the market for the cost of those PPF sheets. if you know someone who sells/buys them, maybe you can ask them why prices go up so much when the sheet increases from partial/half hood to full hood.

all i know is that it's pretty consistent - whether it's price gouging by shops or if those sheets are truly expensive. a second detailing shop quoted me at $900 for partial/half hood, $1900-2000 for full hood.

The low/median price around SF seems to be about $500 for front bumper; $900 for partial front; $1200 for bumper + full hood; $1800 for full front (bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors).

I'm getting my bumper done for $500 (mobile service). Then I think I can do my entire hood myself with a $150 bulk piece of PPF.
The prices out there are rather odd. Did the entire front myself not fun but really not all that crazy hard. Just odd that they would consider the hood a higher value on this car. Anyone could do the hood on this car virtually with their eyes closed? It’s almost a flat surface compared to other cars I have done which are way more contoured with edges. The hood took me no more then 15 minutes with edge folding in my garage. Just need to take your time and follow the basic instructions.

The prices out there are rather odd. Did the entire front myself not fun but really not all that crazy hard. Just odd that they would consider the hood a higher value on this car. Anyone could do the hood on this car virtually with their eyes closed? It’s almost a flat surface compared to other cars I have done which are way more contoured with edges. The hood took me no more then 15 minutes with edge folding in my garage. Just need to take your time and follow the basic instructions.
that's also why I don't get the HUGE price jump... The hood has to be one of the easier if not easiest panels to do.

Reactions: Yelobird
I’m in Central NJ and got quoted $1700 for Full Hood, L/R fenders, Full Front Bumper and Side mirrors. They throw in front lights and fogs along with center console (Vinyl or PPF). This is for Suntek Ultra.

I got a quote for $1750 for Xpel Ultimate Plus for the same but center console is just PPF.

Decided to go with Suntek Ultra because it’s slightly more glossier/clear along with hydrophobic (water repellent) properties. Xpel is probably the more durable product but I wanted a true clear product.

I’m in central jersey as well. Your price sounds reasonable...could you share the name of the place you used? Thanks a lot!

I paid $1450 here in STL for The FULL FRONT package with Expel Ultimate, includes bumper, hood, fenders, headlights and mirrors. I added the lower portion of the doors (high threat area) for another $350 and than added door edge protection for another $95. So $1880 OTD

I didn’t opt for any coating and to my surprise when I parked my blue MY alongside a friends blue MY that had the exact same film applied by the same shop a week earlier but added a ceramic coating. So I gave my car a quick wipe down with the new Turtle Wax Ceramic Sealer and for about $3 of product twice a year, It looks as good if not better than his $1500 ceramic coating. I'd save the $$$ on those coating on top of the PPF. But that's just my opinion.
Where at?

In Las Vegas I have received quotes For Xpel that range from ~$2k for full front up to ~$10k for full stealth wrap.

I also made inquiries about STEK and based on pricing, will be going with that.

I have not ordered yet but once I receive the vehicle, I will post updates in a separate thread.

$4800 in South San Francisco for full paint correction, 3M on front and rear bumpers, four doors, mirrors and 5 coats of ceramic all over. Took a week in their shop to let everything dry properly between treatments.

Only the doors are wrapped around the edges. All of the other panels stop at the edge.