Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF Cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in central jersey as well. Your price sounds reasonable...could you share the name of the place you used? Thanks a lot!

Sorry for the late reply.
SignatureDetailing in Hillsborough
$1700 for Full Hood, Full Fenders, Bumper, Lights (including fogs), side mirrors and center console (vinyl wrap or film) - Suntek Ultra 10yr Warranty

Leeberbs in Hillsborough
$1750 for the same as above except center console in film (no vinyl wrap) - Xpel Ultimate Plus..this is the newest 10mm product. They also do tinting.

Both get 5* and the they actually worked together until leeberbs started his own place. I decided to go with SignatureDetailing due to the purely clear and shine with Suntek Ultra and the hydrophobic properties...it’s probably all BS but whatever. Also he’s done at least over 50 Teslas.

• Love
Reactions: Reborn
Sorry for the late reply.
SignatureDetailing in Hillsborough
$1700 for Full Hood, Full Fenders, Bumper, Lights (including fogs), side mirrors and center console (vinyl wrap or film) - Suntek Ultra 10yr Warranty

Leeberbs in Hillsborough
$1750 for the same as above except center console in film (no vinyl wrap) - Xpel Ultimate Plus..this is the newest 10mm product. They also do tinting.

Both get 5* and the they actually worked together until leeberbs started his own place. I decided to go with SignatureDetailing due to the purely clear and shine with Suntek Ultra and the hydrophobic properties...it’s probably all BS but whatever. Also he’s done at least over 50 Teslas.

Thanks so much! I’ll reach out to them

A local shop will do $800+tax and would cover the full front bumper, partial hood & fenders, and the side mirrors.
I asked for the full hood and it went from $800 to $1,500.. Seems like a HUGE jump just to do the rest of the hood.

What has everyone else paid and for how much coverage?

Go elsewhere, why would someone offer 1/2 hood. Total price I paid was 1600.00 full front, hood, bumper, front side fenders, head lights, fog lights and mirrors.

Forgot to mention door handles too.

Xpel PPF

Fred

The prices out there are rather odd. Did the entire front myself not fun but really not all that crazy hard. Just odd that they would consider the hood a higher value on this car. Anyone could do the hood on this car virtually with their eyes closed? It’s almost a flat surface compared to other cars I have done which are way more contoured with edges. The hood took me no more then 15 minutes with edge folding in my garage. Just need to take your time and follow the basic instructions.

I did the full front for $367. I can't believe people spend so much. The bumper was difficult but you are right the hood is easy.

People spend more for PPF then if would cost to replace the hood or bumper painted from tesla.

Reactions: Yelobird
For those in the bay area looking for PPF and/or ceramic work, I highly recommend MUM Sports in Fremont (https://www.yelp.com/biz/mum-sports-fremont-2). They're straight pros and Sayed (shop manager) makes sure all your concerns are addressed the entire time.

I got a full frontal xpel ultimate PPF for $1485 (XPEL | Paint Protection Film | Clear Bra | ULTIMATE PLUS | STEALTH | TRACWRAP | ARMOR) -- includes a 10% first time customer discount by referral. I called around a ton of shops in the bay area (6+) that have at least a 4.5 yelp review rating and MUM was the cheapest. Happy to share any more detail or up close shots.

My yelp review is here: https://www.yelp.com/biz/mum-sports...opup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)

Cheers!

Reactions: mark95476
I just had full front wrapped in WI and paid $1400 for Xpel Ultimate. Takes quite a bit of manual work hence the price.
I had to do paint prep and remove the logo, fender caps, and blinkers myself, but the results are great and PPF mostly wrapped where possible.

IMG_7164.JPG

Reactions: augkuo
And if anyone is wondering which ppf brands hold up best to help determine which ones are worth the price - I found a youtuber torture testing the different ppf films - I’ve been watching his videos while I wait on delivery before deciding on which film to go with - see if his channel helps:

• Informative
Reactions: Itsuo-DC
Full wraps under 7k is an amazing deal, but make sure you have a quality installer. If your near Dayton Ohio or Cincinnati, I would recommend ClearBraOhio. The owner Kieth is also on the advisory board with Suntek. He did a full Stealth wrap on my Y.