Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF Cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is difficult to compare prices as the installation cost is dictated by area/State/Province/Country and reflects what the area will support so prices will be all over the place. Material cost is pretty much the same however labour makes up the biggest difference. Where I live I had the full front done including all lights and mirrors. Also had the bottom portions of the doors done from front to back. $1500 CDN which equates to $1170 US $ for the entire jobs which did include a couple of touchups. Guaranteed for life whatever that means. Had it done a stones throw away from my office, took 2 days.
Where did u get it done from mind sharing

Sorry for the late reply.
SignatureDetailing in Hillsborough
$1700 for Full Hood, Full Fenders, Bumper, Lights (including fogs), side mirrors and center console (vinyl wrap or film) - Suntek Ultra 10yr Warranty

Leeberbs in Hillsborough
$1750 for the same as above except center console in film (no vinyl wrap) - Xpel Ultimate Plus..this is the newest 10mm product. They also do tinting.

Both get 5* and the they actually worked together until leeberbs started his own place. I decided to go with SignatureDetailing due to the purely clear and shine with Suntek Ultra and the hydrophobic properties...it’s probably all BS but whatever. Also he’s done at least over 50 Teslas.
When you do this, do they paint correct the car for you? I have some shitty holograms that I'm bringing in to Tesla to fix. Does this place wash your car first? How do they ensure the car is perfect before doing it? I'm in central jersey too and was going to go to Detail Doctor in Shrewsbury but your quote is better. thanks for sharing

When you do this, do they paint correct the car for you? I have some shitty holograms that I'm bringing in to Tesla to fix. Does this place wash your car first? How do they ensure the car is perfect before doing it? I'm in central jersey too and was going to go to Detail Doctor in Shrewsbury but your quote is better. thanks for sharing

Absolutely make sure the place you go to does paint correction, I would push for a two stage process even if you have to pay a little extra. I had PPF applied to my Model 3 that I used to have (blue) and while it ended up being protected, I didn't really notice any improvement in looks. Even when washing or ceramic coating on top the car still just looked "meh" (nice, but not show room nice). The place I went to just did a "good wash" and didn't bother with any paint correction. That cuts the max gloss down A LOT and even if you plan on investing the time and effort on doing it yourself, you obviously can't because now you have a physical layer "locking in" that paint surface.

I had a difference place do the work on my Model Y (blue) and I think it looks a lot better (but I haven't seen it on a sunny day yet, got it late Oct in the Pacific Northwest) so I'm hoping there is even more depth and gloss once summer rolls around. I'm pretty sure my place just did a single pass correction, and I can't fault them for that, they did a very good job on the whole process. I honestly can't tell the film is on at all (I got full car PPF), every edge is wrapped etc. They also applied a ceramic coating and tinted the windows. However, I almost wish I had paid more to have them do a deep detail style paint correction, or gone to someone that does paint correction for exotics and had them do that and them immediately took the car to get PPF done.

Especially if you're getting full car PPF, spend the extra money and get the most amazing detail work done possible (obviously no sealants or ceramic or anything, just multi-step correction) and then lock that in with PPF. Your car will look like a million bucks and that will be physically locked in with the PPF. With proper care of that PPF (and even more so if it's ceramic coated on top) you should be able to have that pristine look with just basic (proper) washing even though the car is a daily driver.

Reactions: bozer
I’m in Central NJ and got quoted $1700 for Full Hood, L/R fenders, Full Front Bumper and Side mirrors. They throw in front lights and fogs along with center console (Vinyl or PPF). This is for Suntek Ultra.

I got a quote for $1750 for Xpel Ultimate Plus for the same but center console is just PPF.

Decided to go with Suntek Ultra because it’s slightly more glossier/clear along with hydrophobic (water repellent) properties. Xpel is probably the more durable product but I wanted a true clear product.
Which shop in central jersey? I live in Old Bridge and expecting delivery feb-march. First mod I’m planning on doing.

I think prices are going to come down when people realize its a 50-60 k car in the Y's/S's

That being said, i am just going to do the front bumper and hood for now myself. I imagine it won't be easy, but this would cost probably close to $2000 anywhere else.. i mean it's a 55k car...