Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF covering sensors - can I trim this off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got back from having STEK ProShield PPF installed on my MY's front end, and noticed that the shop apparently covered the parking sensors with the film. Various threads here say that this shouldn't affect the sensors themselves, but there's a white ring around each one where the film isn't adhered to anything.

I could take the car back and ask them to cut the film, but my installer isn't terribly close by, and this seems like a trivial operation to just cut out the circles at the edges. Is this something easily handled with a good X-Acto, or best left to the pros?

IMG_9366.jpeg

i have stek and have those rings on mine too. havent noticed any issues from a sensor perspective.
Does Stek recommend against cutting around the sensors? I'm not seeing issues with the functionality either, but the liquid inside the gap just looks awful. They did cut a line around the tow eye cover, which is appreciated, but I would have expected them to do the same here. I'd also imagine that the trapped liquid can't be good for the sensor caps (or the sensors themselves) over the long term.

Last edited:
bumping this thread.

so ive had the stek ppf since aug. no issues...until the last week or so. suddenly the front sensors stopped working. it now works on and off. took it to tesla sc and they are blaming the wrap.

noticed it seem less responsive after rain, car wash. thoughts?