Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF For Sale - Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried to install PPF myself on my new Model 3 and failed miserably, who would have thought lol. But my loss is hopefully someone elses gain, I tried to do the hood and bumper so the kit does not come with these pieces. The kit only comes with Mirror PPF, Headlight PPF, and Full Fender PPF. Not sure if anyone is interested in the partial kit but I figured I would try.

$150 + Shipping, Im located in Long Island NY

^^^^Kit I purchased

Tried to install PPF myself on my new Model 3 and failed miserably, who would have thought lol. But my loss is hopefully someone elses gain, I tried to do the hood and bumper so the kit does not come with these pieces. The kit only comes with Mirror PPF, Headlight PPF, and Full Fender PPF. Not sure if anyone is interested in the partial kit but I figured I would try.

$150 + Shipping, Im located in Long Island NY

^^^^Kit I purchased
I was looking at this very kit on ebay as well. I've never install PPF before and only watch videos. Do you mind sharing what was difficult for you when you tried to install the kit? Thanks!

Well for one I don't have a garage to put the car in so stuff was constantly flying on the hood when I was trying to ppf it.
Had a few people helping me which was great but when it all was finally done I had a few bubbles under it which in the right light really bothered me.
Tried popping the bubbles and squeezing the slip solution out and it just made it worse. Couldn't push the bubbles out because the ppf had already settled around it and after that any time I tried to lift the ppf to the bubbles it would stretch out and not lay right.

You have to be really methodical about the process, spray lots of slip, make sure its in the right place, secure a few key points on the pff, and then start from the middle and work your way to the sides making sure you do no have any bubbles along the way. I would say if you have a few people helping have them peal and place the ppf in the right place but only let one person squeegee the slip solution out, I had the 2 other people squeegeeing also and I think that led to my down fall in the end.

Well for one I don't have a garage to put the car in so stuff was constantly flying on the hood when I was trying to ppf it.
Had a few people helping me which was great but when it all was finally done I had a few bubbles under it which in the right light really bothered me.
Tried popping the bubbles and squeezing the slip solution out and it just made it worse. Couldn't push the bubbles out because the ppf had already settled around it and after that any time I tried to lift the ppf to the bubbles it would stretch out and not lay right.

You have to be really methodical about the process, spray lots of slip, make sure its in the right place, secure a few key points on the pff, and then start from the middle and work your way to the sides making sure you do no have any bubbles along the way. I would say if you have a few people helping have them peal and place the ppf in the right place but only let one person squeegee the slip solution out, I had the 2 other people squeegeeing also and I think that led to my down fall in the end.
Thank for sharing your experience. It seems more difficult than I imagined and should probably be left for professionals. Unlike vinyl wraps, PPF seems to be much less forgiving when you mess up and try to redo it.