Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF Front Bumper - One Piece?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had tint and ppf done 2 weeks ago here in Orlando. After delivery tint was looking good and ppf seemed perfect. Two weeks later I decided to finally wash the car since then and noticed that the ppf has shrunk and that there are several seams. I thought the ppf for the front bumper was supposed to be 1-piece. I've emailed the tint shop and want to be ready with a reply if they try to say something like it was pre-cut in multiple pieces or something like that. This is pretty bad...luckily I have white otherwise this would be so noticeable on a darker color.
IMG_7544.jpg
IMG_7545.jpg
IMG_7547.jpg
IMG_7548.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: bcpm3p
Had tint and ppf done 2 weeks ago here in Orlando. After delivery tint was looking good and ppf seemed perfect. Two weeks later I decided to finally wash the car since then and noticed that the ppf has shrunk and that there are several seams. I thought the ppf for the front bumper was supposed to be 1-piece. I've emailed the tint shop and want to be ready with a reply if they try to say something like it was pre-cut in multiple pieces or something like that. This is pretty bad...luckily I have white otherwise this would be so noticeable on a darker color.

Is this Llumar?
View attachment 549456 View attachment 549457 View attachment 549458 View attachment 549459

This definitely looks pre-cut which is why I do not do pre-cut kits on my cars. I would demand redo or refund if you can find another installer. Or make the 3-hour hike to Naples and have Bradley do it right.

naplesautoarmour.com

So it's normal for two-piece? When I picked up I couldn't see any of the seams...the PPF was undetectable unless you really looked. Is it supposed to shrink that much?

they probably used a pre cut for your car out the box (without modifying the template)

better shops will use the pre cut template than add and adjust so that it looks better. another person showed a pic of theirs. a knowledgeable shop would of lined up the seam much better

Got car back today. They left the top ppf piece and installed a new bottom piece. It's much better. It's not 10/10 but way better than before. Especially the horizontal seam...the gap is negligible and blends well. The vertical seam on both sides again is much better not as noticeable unless you really get up close like I did with my phone camera. So the installer said he did stretch the new bottom piece more to get it where it is now. I give the Shop a 10/10 for the tint install, a 7/10 for the ppf install and 10/10 for customer service because they didn't give me hard time and you can tell they tried to satisfy my complaint and concern.

Looks good from a 2 feet away
PPF bumper.JPG

Horizontal seam much tighter...minimal gap
IMG_7555.jpg

Vertical seams much better as well but not perfect...I can live with it.
IMG_7554.jpg

Reactions: KenC
Not sure why they couldn't do one full piece pf PPF... they did seem to correct it decently. Car cleans up nice!

Apparently the brand of ppf they install/use is pre cut into two pieces. Someone above mentioned that Xpel is cut into 2 pieces. They showed me their catalog and the precut pieces for another Model 3 they were preparing. I imagine there are other manufacturers where there could be 1 piece....or shops could cut 1-piece themselves. If I knew more about it before...I probably would have sought a shop specifically to do 1 piece. In the end it's not bad and I got a pretty good deal for both tint and ppf compared to others based on some forum searches. We'll see how long it lasts and keeps up.

Reactions: tjkenny15
View attachment 549456 View attachment 549457 View attachment 549458 View attachment 549459
Where was this done in Orlando? Looking at options and I’m in Orlando for my MS. Don’t want to have issues with going back in for correction so if you could let me know shop so I can avoid for the ppf install. Thanks!

how much did this cost you?