Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF front bumper "seam"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand that most installers do PPF installation that results in a center seam on the front bumper. While I have heard of a very few installers that found a way to avoid this seam. I have no idea if this seam would be objectionable or not. Can someone with this seam try to capture a photo of what it looks like and exactly where it is? Thanks in advance

There is no front seam on my XPEL Ultimate install; get another installer. The only seam on mine is where the trunk lid bends to become the back of the vehicle, which the installer pre-approved with me before I handed him my keys.

No seam on our custom full body Xpel wrap including edges. We had a film only tear from a wooden fence post meeting our front bumper and our guys said they could remove half of the film and leave it with a seam if we really wanted to save money (it was kind of expensive to replace) or just replace the whole bumper. We went the "whole" route to avoid a seam and any issues with it later with dirt, peeling, water getting in underneath there or whatever.

Last edited: