Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF hack job? Need opinion - Model Y 2023 [resolved to owners satisfaction]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 915413

Man this area is hard when taking pics. But no lifting at all just the angle and lighting will show but that line you see is separate piece to the bumper and the middle. It isn’t cut like yours everything supposed to be cover.
soooo much cleaner. All the PPF shop I visited stated that mine was half ass and that it take skill to normally do Model Y front bumper right. They all stated Model y are usually 2 piece. Top piece will be custom cut and the bottom piece lay in the middle. Looks similar to yours from all the shop I visited except mine. LOL.

just got mine back from getting full clear ppf.

here's how my front bumper looks like in the same area as o.p.

sorry it's still dirty. didn't wipe it down yet...that pollen gets on quick.

IMG-4871.jpg
IMG-4872.jpg

Reactions: Wu01ok
First I want to apologized for the delay in following up with the original post which can be found here.
(moderator note - merged new thread with existing, so its all in one thread)

Originally I did not want to share the shop name because I wanted to give them a chance reach out and worked with me on finding a solutions. Teddy who is the owner of Technic Auto Spa is a great guy to work with when I first met him. I sense that he would not do me wrong and he ended up exceeding my every expectations in every way from quality control to customer service.

To share my experience. I have a 2023 Model Y Performance White. I have been a "car guy" most of my life and very picky about the minor details when I get things done. I made a deal with Teddy for the Xpel Front End Clip PPF and Xpel CeramicTint for every glass including ceramic coating the exterior and interior. When the car was completed I was disappointed at the way they had put together the cut for the front bumper (See first two photos circle in red) and also the way they had ceramic the interior (missing the small details like door panel, steering wheel etc..) . I told Teddy my concerns we had a little disagreement due to how his system cut and all the Model Y he did in the past are the same.
I took this opportunity to stop by a couple local shop to examine how his competitor did it so I can get an idea of the work being done. Teddy reach out to me and told me he will redo the front bumper and anything else I am unhappy with. Because of my concerns, he went bo the drawing board to redesign his system and hire another PPF technician. Teddy also offer to ceramic my interior again covering any area I had mention that needed to be done.. I drop off my car to have everything redone and I have attached the final result (attached image circle in blue).
As you can see, it looks extremely cleaner with a two piece custom cut. The edge are all tuck and every spot on the front bumper is cover. Fast forward, a week later after I got my car back, Teddy teach out to me to check up if I am satisfy with everything. Top Notch Customer Service hands down.

P.S.
Due to me driving around to check out some of the other shop work. Teddy adjustment to the PPF is now clearly the winner. Other shop such as G5, they do not cover the corner where i had circle. So it has potential to chip from a rock. Not only does this shop give you a fair price (cheapest in the area for tint) but it also come with quality work. I don't usually recommend any shop unless they are top tier quality work. But I will be sending my family and friends here going forward. As well as all my new car purchases. I have the utmost confidence that Teddy will take care of anything you are dissatisfy with.

They currently offer free full car ceramic exterior with PPF front clip which is a plus in my opinion because no other shop offer this.

Technic Auto Spa
(626) 382-3911 (Teddy)

Attachments

• o.jpg-2.png
    o.jpg-2.png
    449 KB · Views: 102
  • o.jpg.png
    o.jpg.png
    460.7 KB · Views: 92
  • o.jpg
    o.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 91
  • o-2.jpg
    o-2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: fredzos
First I want to apologized for the delay in following up with the original post which can be found here.
(moderator note - merged new thread with existing, so its all in one thread)

Originally I did not want to share the shop name because I wanted to give them a chance reach out and worked with me on finding a solutions. Teddy who is the owner of Technic Auto Spa is a great guy to work with when I first met him. I sense that he would not do me wrong and he ended up exceeding my every expectations in every way from quality control to customer service.

To share my experience. I have a 2023 Model Y Performance White. I have been a "car guy" most of my life and very picky about the minor details when I get things done. I made a deal with Teddy for the Xpel Front End Clip PPF and Xpel CeramicTint for every glass including ceramic coating the exterior and interior. When the car was completed I was disappointed at the way they had put together the cut for the front bumper (See first two photos circle in red) and also the way they had ceramic the interior (missing the small details like door panel, steering wheel etc..) . I told Teddy my concerns we had a little disagreement due to how his system cut and all the Model Y he did in the past are the same.
I took this opportunity to stop by a couple local shop to examine how his competitor did it so I can get an idea of the work being done. Teddy reach out to me and told me he will redo the front bumper and anything else I am unhappy with. Because of my concerns, he went bo the drawing board to redesign his system and hire another PPF technician. Teddy also offer to ceramic my interior again covering any area I had mention that needed to be done.. I drop off my car to have everything redone and I have attached the final result (attached image circle in blue).
As you can see, it looks extremely cleaner with a two piece custom cut. The edge are all tuck and every spot on the front bumper is cover. Fast forward, a week later after I got my car back, Teddy teach out to me to check up if I am satisfy with everything. Top Notch Customer Service hands down.

P.S.
Due to me driving around to check out some of the other shop work. Teddy adjustment to the PPF is now clearly the winner. Other shop such as G5, they do not cover the corner where i had circle. So it has potential to chip from a rock. Not only does this shop give you a fair price (cheapest in the area for tint) but it also come with quality work. I don't usually recommend any shop unless they are top tier quality work. But I will be sending my family and friends here going forward. As well as all my new car purchases. I have the utmost confidence that Teddy will take care of anything you are dissatisfy with.

They currently offer free full car ceramic exterior with PPF front clip which is a plus in my opinion because no other shop offer this.

Technic Auto Spa
(626) 382-3911 (Teddy)
Good thing is that owner found a good Ppf tech for his business that’s a plus.

Reactions: fredzos