Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF in Burnaby

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just finally added a PPF coat to the front end area of our black 2021 Model Y SR. We were thinking about is for a while, my experience with my un-wrapped 2015 Model S let us to have a wait-and-see approach. The grey model S has a few nicks I touched up over the 100000Km, but I really don't find the touch-up kit easy to work with.
The black car on the other hand, had it's first hood nick 3 weeks ago, the primer stood out like a sore thumb. I touched it up and booked an appointment locally with NMotion Auto in Burnaby. Just picked up the car on Friday, wow what a beautiful job. I have dealt with John years ago and his company has been around for a long time. Super nice people to deal with, honest and upfront, took the time to explain the whole process in the shop one Saturday afternoon.
The job turned out really nice, we had XPel ultimate plus installed over the front bumper, hood, headlights and front fenders. The job was done without removing fenders and trim. I was surprised how well the edge of the film blends in, I was a little concerned after doing a DIY job using the Tesla product on the rear lower door panels.
Looking forward to using the Y for road trips without having to worry about how much paint I was leaving on the road.
Time will tell, but we were really happy with our choice of installer.

If you don't mind sharing, how much was the install there? I used them many years ago for some tinting and was also very pleased with their work.
Installations for full fronts range generally from $1600-2500 in the local Vancouver market depending on the quality of install, and the level of film one wants. Full coverages are around $4000-4500 for your budget shops, who generally don't have much skill installing on Tesla vehicles and clients who go on the price only then get tricked by not knowing any better per sa, as to what should and could be done to make the installation last 10 years plus and look nealry like a paint job without film, to $5000-6500 depending on choice of film, edges wrapped, parts removed, and so on for a quality installation like we offer at Vancouver ClearBra. We are also a TMC forum member sponsor, and have been for a long time, to help give back to the Tesla community, with a place to chat and share information.

Budget installations are the ones done without removing all parts needed, to give the best looks and edge protection. This is mainly due to the shops limited knowledge of Tesla vehicles, non-ceramic coated films, knock off cheaper films, no business license, not incorporated and not formally paying WCB and taxes, no insurance coverage aka ICBC garage policy/general liability insurance, cheap shops in industrial areas, and limited warranties.

We just finally added a PPF coat to the front end area of our black 2021 Model Y SR. We were thinking about is for a while, my experience with my un-wrapped 2015 Model S let us to have a wait-and-see approach. The grey model S has a few nicks I touched up over the 100000Km, but I really don't find the touch-up kit easy to work with.
The black car on the other hand, had it's first hood nick 3 weeks ago, the primer stood out like a sore thumb. I touched it up and booked an appointment locally with NMotion Auto in Burnaby. Just picked up the car on Friday, wow what a beautiful job. I have dealt with John years ago and his company has been around for a long time. Super nice people to deal with, honest and upfront, took the time to explain the whole process in the shop one Saturday afternoon.
The job turned out really nice, we had XPel ultimate plus installed over the front bumper, hood, headlights and front fenders. The job was done without removing fenders and trim. I was surprised how well the edge of the film blends in, I was a little concerned after doing a DIY job using the Tesla product on the rear lower door panels.
Looking forward to using the Y for road trips without having to worry about how much paint I was leaving on the road.
Time will tell, but we were really happy with our choice of installer.
Happy to hear you got your Tesla protected and hope it lasts many years to come and prevents the damages for you. If we can ever help you out in any way, let us know. 👍