Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF in Sydney

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi fellas, I live in Sydney Australia and made my first Model Y order yesterday and expecting delivery between Feb-May. The first thing I want to do is to PPF the car (interior/exterior) and I wanted to ask for recommendations for PPF providers in Sydney.

G'day fellas, I ordered Model Y and ETA is Feb-May. From what I am hearing it seems that PPF for interior (mine will be white) and exterior (either half or full) is recommended for peach of mind (happy to be corrected if my conclusion is incorrect). Can someone recommend PPF vendors in Sydney? Appreciate the help.

When I did the tint at Tint a Car Alexandria, they said they don’t do PPF themselves but had contacts to get it done. Asked for three quotes, front bumper only, front high impact zones and full PPF. They mentioned they can include interior PPF if I went with the full option.

However, since they don’t it themselves, I would have to leave the car with them overnight, and an additional day for full option. Decided not to, and only did the tint. It was my first day accepting the car after all.

I used ProtektAuto in Clyde for the new car detailing, front PPF protection and ceramic coating. I have returned on a regular basis for PPF repairs and ceramic coating top ups but haven’t been there during Covid. I intend to get some PPF repairs done this year. Their shop is walking distance from the station which makes it easy to drop the car off and collect it later.

When I did the tint at Tint a Car Alexandria, they said they don’t do PPF themselves but had contacts to get it done. Asked for three quotes, front bumper only, front high impact zones and full PPF. They mentioned they can include interior PPF if I went with the full option.

However, since they don’t it themselves, I would have to leave the car with them overnight, and an additional day for full option. Decided not to, and only did the tint. It was my first day accepting the car after all.
nice guys!
it helps that the boss has a Model 3

Good PPF is a must if you’re going this route. Here’s mine. Satin white Y and pink blush 3P.
0A379CF9-7E83-4737-A09C-7B77689D8FA7.jpeg

Reactions: fobo and Jedisparky
I used ProtektAuto in Clyde for the new car detailing, front PPF protection and ceramic coating. I have returned on a regular basis for PPF repairs and ceramic coating top ups but haven’t been there during Covid. I intend to get some PPF repairs done this year. Their shop is walking distance from the station which makes it easy to drop the car off and collect it later.
We go to Protekt as well. Just wondering what kind of regular PPF repairs are you going back for?

How much did you pay for the tint?

We go to Protekt as well. Just wondering what kind of regular PPF repairs are you going back for?
Had a wing mirror re done when a rock hit it and damaged the PPF but mercifully not the paint. This time I will get the front bumper done when I rubbed past a flower pot in a car park and the bonnet PPF replaced from accumulation of stone chips Over 8 years.

From a damage perspective, I'd only suggest putting PPF around the bottom of the front bumper.

From a cleaning perspective, my rear bumper & boot never stay clean for long.

But the car works perfectly and my uber riders don't care much. I run it through a $10 car wash once or twice a week. Meh.