Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF installation - Cost & Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that have already done so, how long should it take from drop off to pickup for a full body ppf installation on an MX. I reached out to about 10 different installers and it seems 2-3 days is average, with some stating 5-7 days because "they don't want to rush" or use some along the lines of "guarantee quality".

Additionally, estimates I'm getting are around 3500-6000k, I understand location is a factor, but is this what is expected for an MX?

I have a MYLR and this was my timeline

Day 1...Wash, decontaminate, start PPF, tint
Day 2...Ongoing PPF, complete tint
Day 3... Complete PPF
Day 4... Ceramic
Day 5...Pickup

Dropped on Monday, pickup on Friday
Worked done by an acclaimed professional shop in Tampa Bay. A MX should take a bit longer.

Who you pick is more important than what you pick

Thanks, so without ceramic, only 3 days? Just curious, why the additional ceramic with PPF?

Yep, 3 days for the ppf. Though they had the car for a week, and that was the plan. Could've been longer.

As for ceramic, its situational with me. Firstly, it really keeps the black color clean. Using ONR, its is a snap to clean Vader. Also, I live in FL. Love bugs are a 2x per year scourge. They literally glue themselves to your finish as you drive through swarms. Much easier to clean off bug splatter.