Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF installer near Frederick, MD

All I had my VIN and deliver come on very quickly and I need to find a good PPF installer near Frederick, MD that can get me in quickly. I found one shop that is highly recommended but they are further away and can’t fit me in until the 21st.

Any recommendations? I’m looking for full frontal at minimum.

All I had my VIN and deliver come on very quickly and I need to find a good PPF installer near Frederick, MD that can get me in quickly. I found one shop that is highly recommended but they are further away and can’t fit me in until the 21st.

I've had my Model 3 for a little over a year. Last summer when I researched shops I found two that I can recommend:

1) A Plus Auto Styling in Forest Hill, MD. Their shop is about 90 minutes from here, so it was a long ride. Great shop, great work...I highly recommend them. I had PPF (full frontal, rockers, rear bumper), ceramic coating (over-all) and window tinting. Their web site has a Tesla page with pricing. They do a lot of Tesla's in their shop.

2) All American Paint Protection in Rockville, MD. I've never had my car there but I've heard good things about their shop and service.

Around the same time someone on here posted a horror story about a shop in Howard County.

Choose wisely. A bad PPF/window tinting job is a nightmare to deal with. And costly.

aplusautoMD

Northern MD's Premier Tesla detail shop!
Local Vendor - Mid-Atlantic
Feb 5, 2020
Forest Hill Maryland
I've had my Model 3 for a little over a year. Last summer when I researched shops I found two that I can recommend:

1) A Plus Auto Styling in Forest Hill, MD. Their shop is about 90 minutes from here, so it was a long ride. Great shop, great work...I highly recommend them. I had PPF (full frontal, rockers, rear bumper), ceramic coating (over-all) and window tinting. Their web site has a Tesla page with pricing. They do a lot of Tesla's in their shop.

2) All American Paint Protection in Rockville, MD. I've never had my car there but I've heard good things about their shop and service.

Around the same time someone on here posted a horror story about a shop in Howard County.

Choose wisely. A bad PPF/window tinting job is a nightmare to deal with. And costly.

Hey we appreciate the kind words!

240vplug, if you can wait until mid-next week, we'd be glad to lock you in our schedule. Its currently a huge Model 3 and Y delivery month so just about every reputable shop is going to be slammed right now. Best bet is to get locked in on someone's books sooner than later verses finding who can do it the quickest. If you can wait until end of next week, we can get you in. Message us if you need any more info! Thanks both of you.

Reactions: 240vPlug
All American Paint Protection is excellent. They're the ones who wrapped and tinted my car. In fact, my profile pic was taken in their "delivery showroom" area when I picked up my car.

Not exactly 'round the corner from Frederick, but should be around 35-40 minutes, non-rush-hour.

gnuarm

Model X 100 with 72 amp chargers

Are you saying your car was delivered sooner than you expected? What is a PPF?

gnuarm

Model X 100 with 72 amp chargers
No I just expected to have more of a heads up before I had to take delivery. I expected at least a week to 10 days between VIN assignment and delivery. PPF stands for Paint Protection Film which is also known as "clear bra".

So, the hurry is to get it on before the car gets nicks?

Remember before the 3 was out, people would post pictures of the 3 with a decal like the "grill" opening on the S and X? Does anyone do that? I think it would look good.

BTW, did you pick an installer? I guess you need to wait for Monday.

So, the hurry is to get it on before the car gets nicks?

Remember before the 3 was out, people would post pictures of the 3 with a decal like the "grill" opening on the S and X? Does anyone do that? I think it would look good.

BTW, did you pick an installer? I guess you need to wait for Monday.
Yes exactly. I haven't found anyone that can do it fairly soon. Looks like I will have to wait about two weeks or so to get it done...no biggie I have another vehicle to use in the meantime.

All American Paint Protection is excellent. They're the ones who wrapped and tinted my car. In fact, my profile pic was taken in their "delivery showroom" area when I picked up my car.

Not exactly 'round the corner from Frederick, but should be around 35-40 minutes, non-rush-hour.
Can you speak a bit to the costs for external ceramic coating application from this dealer? I am based in Rockville so this would be a convenient location for me to go to.

Can you speak a bit to the costs for external ceramic coating application from this dealer? I am based in Rockville so this would be a convenient location for me to go to.
I would suggest calling, and talking to one of the owners (Brett or Tiffany). I can't give you a price, as I did so much work with them, and it all just got included in the entire package (PPF, tint, ceramic inside and outside). Just note that, if you're going to get work done, you should try scheduling as soon as possible - they're backed up a bit with an influx of cars.

I currently have a brand new M3P (MSM) there getting stealth-wrapped (and tinted / ceramic'd), and then in a week I'll have a new MYP going through similar treatment, but with different wrap color (the new MYP replaces the just-sold Suburban, and the M3P replaces the just-sold MYLR).

GBMaryland

Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2019
Maryland
There is AP Tinting in Sykesville, MD.

They use 3M and Llumar PPF, as well as others. I had them do my model three with full body PPF and my model Y recently… Much more cost-effective than many other vendors in the area want an $8000 or more.

I’ve also had them do some window tinting and they’ve done a flawless job and they have pretty much every vendors material you could possibly want.

There is AP Tinting in Sykesville, MD.

They use 3M and Llumar PPF, as well as others. I had them do my model three with full body PPF and my model Y recently… Much more cost-effective than many other vendors in the area want an $8000 or more.

I’ve also had them do some window tinting and they’ve done a flawless job and they have pretty much every vendors material you could possibly want.
Do they still do PPF. Someone told me recently they only had LLumar PPF and they require a 50% deposit. Then more recently that they no longer do PPF at all.

I wound up going with A Plus. They did a good job on it which was worth the long drive.

GBMaryland

Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2019
Maryland
Do they still do PPF. Someone told me recently they only had LLumar PPF and they require a 50% deposit. Then more recently that they no longer do PPF at all.

I wound up going with A Plus. They did a good job on it which was worth the long drive.
They did ask for a deposit upfront and they did use lumor film which is what they use originally on my model three and I had no problems with that at all.

I’m not sure they’re not doing full PPF anymore.

Granted this had been scheduled for a while and my date kept getting rolled back…

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC