Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF Installers in MD/DC/VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for PPF installers in MD/DC/VA area for Model Y. Do we need to do ceramic coating as well after PPF?
Please let me know if it is cost effective to order the PPF from drive protected and just pay the labor cost to installers ? If yes, any recommendations who just do install?

TIA

Totally up to you. The only protection I added was to install the Tesla (front) mud flaps and the Tesla PPF for the rear doors. Some owners have PPF added to the front bumper and other locations. Same with ceramic coating, it's up to you; wait until after you decide what you are going to do as far as PPF before applying ceramic coatings. I can't recommend any installers as I have never used one.

Upvote 0
I live in Northern Virginia and did some extensive research in the NoVa area about PPF, wrap, and tint. My research included pricing and quality of work. What I found (which wasn’t really a surprise) is that each company in NoVa region Is expensive. I do not doubt the quality of work that some of these NoVa companies produce. I went with Detail Driven to do my PPF and wrap. The drawback was that this company is in Harrisonburg, VA. It wasn’t really a con for me to drive up there. As a new Tesla owner at the time, it gave me an excuse to drive it there to see how well the car performed. I dealt with the owner Max and his price was much cheaper than up here. I also looked into ceramic coating as well. I stumbled across a youtube video from Bearded Tesla Guy and took his advice. I recently ceramic coated my car over the Labor Day weekend. It was like a 2-3 day process. This saved me hundreds of dollars. I paid $150 for the ceramic coating kit.

Reactions: DC_Mike
Upvote 0
If you decide to stay in NOVA, I would recommend TLC Auto Detail in Dulles. I had my Tesla Model Y's PPF, ceramic, and tint done there. I also had my daughters Toyota tinted there. Customer service, work quality, and warranty are great. Price is to be expected in NOVA, but they do have a discount for Tesla owners given their sponsorship of a local Tesla club and they always have some special going on.

TLC Auto Detail
(703) 962-7106
[email protected]
www.tlcautodetail.com

• Helpful
Reactions: jcanoe
Upvote 0
FYI there's another thread with a discussion around installers in the Frederick area - PPF installer near Frederick, MD | Tesla Motors Club

As I posted there, All American Paint Protection in Rockville does excellent work. They've now applied PPF+tint+ceramic on 3 Teslas for me over the past two years (two Y's and a 3).

As for whether you need ceramic: no, but it makes it much easier to wash. As for pre-ordering film: if you go with a shop like AAPP, they are going to order all supplies - I don't think they would install film you bought on your own. FYI they work with both Xpel and Stek (maybe other products, but I'm unsure).

This is our '22 MYP wrapped in Stek DynoPurple PPF (AAPP completed this in July). They had a separate paint shop take care of color-matching the sensors and calipers.

DSC_2362.jpg

Upvote 0
FYI there's another thread with a discussion around installers in the Frederick area - PPF installer near Frederick, MD | Tesla Motors Club

As I posted there, All American Paint Protection in Rockville does excellent work. They've now applied PPF+tint+ceramic on 3 Teslas for me over the past two years (two Y's and a 3).

As for whether you need ceramic: no, but it makes it much easier to wash. As for pre-ordering film: if you go with a shop like AAPP, they are going to order all supplies - I don't think they would install film you bought on your own. FYI they work with both Xpel and Stek (maybe other products, but I'm unsure).

This is our '22 MYP wrapped in Stek DynoPurple PPF (AAPP completed this in July). They had a separate paint shop take care of color-matching the sensors and calipers.

View attachment 851902
I love that color. That looks fantastic and I was looking at something similar. I couldn’t stomach the cost, but your pic is making me have second thoughts! Can you please post a pic that shows the color matched calipers?

Upvote 0
I love that color. That looks fantastic and I was looking at something similar. I couldn’t stomach the cost, but your pic is making me have second thoughts! Can you please post a pic that shows the color matched calipers?
Here ya go - it's a close-up to show a bit of the detail, taken the same day as the other pic. The TESLA letters are reflective. At night, the calipers look black, but in bright sun, they have a nice deep purple color. You can see it, where part of the caliper is in the shade and the top part is in the sun, shining bright. Also, we sold the uberturbines and replaced them with 18" TSS from TSportline. I'm not sure how well the purple would show through on the ubers. These wheels are fairly open...

DSC_2350.jpg

Reactions: Silence88
Upvote 0
I live in Northern Virginia and did some extensive research in the NoVa area about PPF, wrap, and tint. My research included pricing and quality of work. What I found (which wasn’t really a surprise) is that each company in NoVa region Is expensive. I do not doubt the quality of work that some of these NoVa companies produce. I went with Detail Driven to do my PPF and wrap. The drawback was that this company is in Harrisonburg, VA. It wasn’t really a con for me to drive up there. As a new Tesla owner at the time, it gave me an excuse to drive it there to see how well the car performed. I dealt with the owner Max and his price was much cheaper than up here. I also looked into ceramic coating as well. I stumbled across a youtube video from Bearded Tesla Guy and took his advice. I recently ceramic coated my car over the Labor Day weekend. It was like a 2-3 day process. This saved me hundreds of dollars. I paid $150 for the ceramic coating kit.
What brand ceramic kit did you use?

Upvote 0
Here ya go - it's a close-up to show a bit of the detail, taken the same day as the other pic. The TESLA letters are reflective. At night, the calipers look black, but in bright sun, they have a nice deep purple color. You can see it, where part of the caliper is in the shade and the top part is in the sun, shining bright. Also, we sold the uberturbines and replaced them with 18" TSS from TSportline. I'm not sure how well the purple would show through on the ubers. These wheels are fairly open...

View attachment 851944
Who did you calipers sir

Upvote 0
I'm late to this thread, but another solid PPF installer option in NoVA is Speed and Tech Motoring in Dulles. They are located in the same areas as Exotic Vehicle Wraps off 606 close to Ashburn/Brambleton but charge considerably less. Raja (the owner) did a full Xpel Stealth wrap on my wife's eTRON and is doing the same as I type on my new MSP. Only TLC came close to his rate. He also does calipers and I have him doing a deep almost navy blue paint job on my MSP. The orange job he did on my wife's eTRON's calipers looks brand new almost 2+ years later.

Exotic Vehicle Wrap also does solid work. I believe they did quite a bit of the work on my neighbor's Aventador and that work looks exceptional, but from the quotes I received, they are significantly higher than S&T.

Upvote 0