TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

PPF Installers in Nashville?

Discussion in 'Model Y: Interior & Exterior' started by Traveler85, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Traveler85

Traveler85 Member

I'm currently doing some research on PPF installers in the greater Nashville area. After speaking with every company listed on the XPEL website, it seems that none of them remove trim and wrap every panel. The consistent message I got was that they will wrap where they can (e.g., frunk lid) but elsewhere they will go as close to the trim as possible. That means that places like where the fender meets the bumper and around the headlights, there will be some gaps of a few millimeters where the paint is exposed.

My questions:
    • How much should I care about this?
    • Are the implications different whether I get Ultimate or Stealth (the car is black)
    • What other PPF products should I be looking into as alternatives?

Thanks!
    Andrew
    2014 S 85
    2020 Y LR

2. ondablack

ondablack Member

Fellow Nashville guy and saw your post. I just took delivery of my Model Y PUP in MSM and had a full body Xpel Stealth wrap, Xpel XR Prime Plus Ceramic Tint (all glass) and Xpel Fusion Ceramic Coat. I had Sun Stoppers in Concord, NC (Charles) do the work. While I don't think he removed trim (didn't ask), he was meticulous in his work. I am please with the results. They needed the car for 5 days and provided me a loaner car. I have family in the Charlotte area which facilitated my decision to travel and go with Sun Stoppers. If I were to have the work done locally, I probably would've gone with Auto Armour in Old Hickory as Katelyn was very responsive to my inquiries and seemed extremely professional. Good luck. Black would look awesome in Xpel Stealth.

3. Traveler85

Traveler85 Member

Thanks, really appreciate the info! (I was in Charlotte for a year, great city.)

AA was by far the most expensive of the quotes I got from XPEL certified installers in BNA. I did see that Sun Stoppers has a Chattanooga shop, but given how long they’d need to keep the car I don’t think it would make too much sense to go there.

4. srk67

srk67 Member

DId you end up finding a good place to get it done?

5. Traveler85

Traveler85 Member

Yep! Taking delivery of the vehicle on Saturday and taking it straight to the shop. They're going to do the following:
    • XPEL Stealth
    • XPEL Fusion Ceramic
    • Paint calipers and emblems
    • Tints (windshield, sunroof, rear, and sides)
    • Smoke headlights and taillights
    I'll report back once it's all done, along with some pictures. Hoping everything turns out as great as the engagement process with them has been.

• Like x 1