Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF on Rockers?

z335is

Feb 7, 2019
Newark
Hello - I pick up my MYP next week, so I have been getting quotes on PPF. I've currently landed on getting the full front done along with the rear impact areas. That said, I asked the installer if we should also do the rockers and he said "there's no reason to do the rockers, they are just textured plastic". He recommended maybe just getting mudflaps if I was worried about protecting them.

Should I still pursue getting them covered or maybe just go with the mudflap / replacement route when the time comes?

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
When people say that they added PPF to the rocker panels of the Tesla Model Y from the photos I have seen PPF was added to the lower part of the front and rear door panels. The Tesla PPF kit for the Model Y only covers, protects a portion of the rear door panel.

JasontheBeaver

Jason Barker
Jan 11, 2018
Beaverton, Oregon
I would start with the RPM mudflaps in the front.
You can certainly have PPF applied to the lower portion of your doors also, but the black textured plastic rocker panels don't do well with PPF as others have mentioned.

Reactions: z335is

z335is

Feb 7, 2019
Newark
I would start with the RPM mudflaps in the front.
You can certainly have PPF applied to the lower portion of your doors also, but the black textured plastic rocker panels don't do well with PPF as others have mentioned.
Yep, I think I'm going to do the full front PPF + rear impact areas and then supplement that with the mudflaps. Hopefully that will cover me.

Reactions: JasontheBeaver

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC