Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF on side mirrors question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the inside portion of the mirror, the side that faces the window, as you can see the line it’s cut around 1/4 inch around it. Also the bottom front of the aluminum is PPF also.

34A802C9-D3F9-4C06-90C6-62F30C6CB696.jpeg
4B1EA05D-6B4F-4201-8DAC-48621FC94230.jpeg

This is making me hesitant to spend $5500 for xpel stealth with that line there...anyone have xpel stealth and the 2 piece wrap on the side mirrors that they can post a picture of?
You can’t even tell, I just saw it when it was mentioned on here, I thought it was a complete wrap too, that’s Xpel also. $5500.00 is great deal if it’s a full wrap, it’s $7000.00 here.

Fred

Mine is wrapped in one piece. My installer has a lot of years installing PPF and working on Teslas and a little while before I got my car he had started doing it as one piece. Has to be stretched just right and can be tricky. My husband's car was done about a year and half before mine and is two pieces--in clear Xpel like Wennfred's. They did a nice job on it but one piece would be preferred if it can be done well. If they run into a problem with the stretching you'll have a pucker and it will have to be redone if it can't be adjusted to lay flat.

Last edited:
I have one piece Xpel. No issues and looks clean. I really think it depends on installer experience. Pre-cut kits are easier to install I think, but having seams doesn’t look great IMO. Same with rear window tint. Many installers do two piece jobs. Less expensive, but has a seam.

Reactions: 03DSG
My Xpel Ultimate is face of mirror only. Installer wrapped all other edges so I don't think he did this to cut corners. I assumed the thicker Ultimate was too difficult to apply full coverage in one piece.

Mine is wrapped in one piece. My installer has a lot of years installing PPF and working on Teslas and a little while before I got my car he had started doing it as one piece. Has to be stretched just right and can be tricky. My husband's car was done about a year and half before mine and is two pieces--in clear Xpel like Wennfred's. They did a nice job on it but one piece would be preferred if it can be done well. If they run into a problem with the stretching you'll have a pucker and it will have to be redone if it can't be adjusted to lay flat.

could you share your installer info? Thx