TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

PPF on White Model 3 - Questions

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Amp3d, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Amp3d

Amp3d Member

Does anyone have good experience with a particular paint protection film on a pearl white vehicle? I like the idea of the film for protection but I’m concerned about any yellowing due to UV exposure. I’ve searched for information on this and other forums but most results are from a couple years ago and ppf vendors claim to have updated their films to avoid yellowing since then. I’d appreciate hearing about any recent experiences good or bad, or other insight folks can share. Thanks.

2. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

I have ppf on a solid white Model X, and on a white Q5 prior. No issue with either. Audi for 4 years and MX for around 2.

Xpel is what I had for both. Audi baked for 4 years in the SoCal sun as well.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. Amp3d

Amp3d Member

Thanks, MXWing

4. HelloJohnny

HelloJohnny Member

I also have PPF (3M Scotchgard) on my Pearl White Model 3. Had it for 3 weeks now, no issues. It's virtually invisible.

If you plan on doing the front bumper, I would also consider doing the entire hood instead of partial, since there will be a visible line/seam and over time dirt can accumulate if you don't wash your car often.

Hope this helps! I've added some pics.

1.jpg IMG_4113.jpg IMG_4114.jpg IMG_4116.jpg

• Like x 3
  5. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Elegant, simple, tasteful and a little different than another white Model 3 on the road. LOVE IT.

• Love x 1
  6. Amp3d

Amp3d Member

Agree. That looks fantastic.

7. O Dub

O Dub Member

Looks nice.

Did you have to get replacement T badges to put back on after PPF? Did you get them from your service center? How much do they cost?

8. HelloJohnny

HelloJohnny Member

Thanks! And they used the original - the shop carefully removed it with fishing line and added new adhesive on the emblem.
    No issues after having it for 1 month in hot 90+ degree weather in SoCal

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1