Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF or Ceramic in Phoenix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have
Hyer Quality Detail 2 blocks from the Tempe service center,
John Blackwell at Penski Rapid Repair in Scottsdale (gives great deals to tesla owners) (Tell him Jay sent you)
A Better Tint in Gilbert can do PPF/Tint (Let them know Jay sent you)

hello..picking up my white with black interior MY tomorrow (7/20) and looking to get it coated with either a ceramic or PPF. Wanted to check if anyone recently got their vehicle done in Phoenix. Appreciate your advice

If you live in NW part of Phoenix, Shane's Tint and Clear Bra, Peoria, AZ. Had My Model 3 done (PPF & ceramic tint) by Shane one year ago. One man shop, Shane does all the work himself, has been in business for years. Excellent reputation.
Window Tinting & Clear Bra in Peoria AZ | Shane's Tint

Whoever you choose, DON'T WAIT, you can and will get small rock chips very quickly in the Phoenix area. I also got a ceramic coat done on the car (Shane does not do ceramic coatings). After one year and 12k miles driven in the Phoenix area I would say hands down the PPF is more important then the ceramic coating if you want to keep the car nice (no rock chips). Get both if you can.

If you live in NW part of Phoenix, Shane's Tint and Clear Bra, Peoria, AZ. Had My Model 3 done (PPF & ceramic tint) by Shane one year ago. One man shop, Shane does all the work himself, has been in business for years. Excellent reputation.
Window Tinting & Clear Bra in Peoria AZ | Shane's Tint

Whoever you choose, DON'T WAIT, you can and will get small rock chips very quickly in the Phoenix area. I also got a ceramic coat done on the car (Shane does not do ceramic coatings). After one year and 12k miles driven in the Phoenix area I would say hands down the PPF is more important then the ceramic coating if you want to keep the car nice (no rock chips). Get both if you can.

Thanks for the info. as i live in Mesa (closer to Gilbert), Shanes will be bit far for me.
if I may ask, how much did you spend for the ceramic?

Thanks for the info. as i live in Mesa (closer to Gilbert), Shanes will be bit far for me.
if I may ask, how much did you spend for the ceramic?

If you mean the ceramic window tint: SunTek CIR 30, including Side windows Back window and top window, $800 from Shane's
If you mean the ceramic coating on the exterior paint: $599 from Race Day Detail (this was NOT their top-of-the-line ceramic coating)

So if i say got PPF and ceramic coating done, how often it needs to be re-applied?

PPF is like a clear wrap that you put on all or part of the car. It is usually done only once for the life of the car (mine has a 10-year warranty). Ceramic coatings are like a clear coat over your paint (and applied over PPF as well). Mine is a less expensive ceramic with a 5-year warranty. It is my understanding that more expensive versions have much longer warranties. I was told that since I do not park my car in the sun much, my 5-year warranty ceramic coating should last longer then 5 years. The idea of ceramic coating is that you don't have to reapply it like a wax or sealant. I am by no means an expert on this stuff, so if you have more questions there are many threads on here about PPF and Ceramic coatings. Or talk to an installer in your area with a good reputation.

Where did you end up going? I just ordered my Model Y and I'm in Chandler. I want to get it done ASAP after delivery as I don't want to make a mistake on this. My brother ordered his Model 3 in 2019 and 2 weeks after acquisition, he got a chip in his white paint and was kicking himself for not getting it done. Need guidance. What is the diff between PPF and Ceramic Coating? Do you do both?