Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF Ottawa Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw the TO thread. I know we have quite a few options from some good online reviewed places for Xpel, Suntek and STek.

Just wondering -

Who did you go with?
What type of film?
How was installation/attention to detail?

Thank you!

Saw the TO thread. I know we have quite a few options from some good online reviewed places for Xpel, Suntek and STek.

Just wondering -

Who did you go with?
What type of film?
How was installation/attention to detail?

Thank you!
I went with Luxus detailing on Youville Drive.
They applied Suntek on my bumper, lights, fender and fog lights. Dealt with the owner Sutton, who was recommended on this forum.
They did a very good job on my white TM3!
Recommended.

I just got my car back from Vlad. I did full PPF. He used XPEL Ultimate. He recommended it since my car is Pearl White.

Vlad has been in the business for a very long time and he knows what he's doing. He has great attention to details and he's been doing Tesla's since forever. I strongly recommend him. (Upperclass Detailing)

Reactions: jdw
model 3 performance ? If so sweet car! I was there on Friday picking up some stuff.

I just got my car back from Vlad. I did full PPF. He used XPEL Ultimate. He recommended it since my car is Pearl White.

Vlad has been in the business for a very long time and he knows what he's doing. He has great attention to details and he's been doing Tesla's since forever. I strongly recommend him. (Upperclass Detailing)

I'm probably going to go with Vlad also. He's worth the extra $ and I will need to just accept the orange peel with Xpel.

from XPEL: “Apr 17, 2018 - With ULTIMATE PLUS, you'll forget all about the orange peelwoes of other films. It's so optically clear, it's virtually invisible to the naked eye.“

It seems that in 2015 one could discern orange peel if the car was only half wrapped. I got XPEL Ultimate fully wrapped on my red Model 3 in October 2018, and no orange tinge I can see. PPF is the way to go. Then the best installer seems to make people happy. Good luck.

Okay so after looking at PPF samples from a lot of shops, I also went with Vlad at Upperclass Detailing. He experimented with a new film: Premium Shield Elite SH. It's glossier than Xpel, and the result was excellent. He did say it was harder to work with, so I'm not sure if he will keep using it, but here are some photos! Not that there's much to see, he did a great job.

Attachments

• IMG_20200424_162101.jpg
    IMG_20200424_162101.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_20200424_163132.jpg
    IMG_20200424_163132.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20200424_162048.jpg
    IMG_20200424_162048.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20200424_162036.jpg
    IMG_20200424_162036.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_20200424_162031.jpg
    IMG_20200424_162031.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_20200424_162041.jpg
    IMG_20200424_162041.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 178
Hey folks, I'm waiting on my Model Y here in Ottawa and in the waiting room we've been talking tint, PPf and ceramic. We're looking at different shops for group pricing and I've put together a list here Group Buy to collect names and options. I'm looking at AutoTrendz in Kanata but if there want to shop group and get Group prices from other shops; we can start to add shop prices.

Feel free to add your requests and we can meet back here to compare and choose a location.

I have this on another forum thread but thought to include it here.

I'm trying to put together at least 2 packages where one includes the rear bumpers. So far this is the Pre Group Pricing so far:

Tint the front two windows $140 +tax non ceramic.
Tint the front two windows $200 +tax. Ceramic

Ceramic tint offers superior heat rejection. Match the rear factory tint which is 20%.

Partial hood kit (partial hood, partial fenders, back of mirrors) - $349.95 +tax
Partial hood + bumper kit (partial hood, partial fenders, front bumper, back of mirrors) - $749.95 +tax
Full hood kit (full hood, full fenders, front bumper, back of mirrors) - $1499.95 +tax

All PPF comes backed by a 10 year warranty.

I'm thinking the two packages would be:
1) Gold = Ceramic Tint, Full Kit, Rear Fenders, Rear Luggage Lip, Inside console, door jams Ceramic Coating
2) Silver = Regular Tint, Partial hood + bumper kit + Rear Fenders

Thoughts?

I have this on another forum thread but thought to include it here.

I'm trying to put together at least 2 packages where one includes the rear bumpers. So far this is the Pre Group Pricing so far:

Tint the front two windows $140 +tax non ceramic.
Tint the front two windows $200 +tax. Ceramic

Ceramic tint offers superior heat rejection. Match the rear factory tint which is 20%.

Partial hood kit (partial hood, partial fenders, back of mirrors) - $349.95 +tax
Partial hood + bumper kit (partial hood, partial fenders, front bumper, back of mirrors) - $749.95 +tax
Full hood kit (full hood, full fenders, front bumper, back of mirrors) - $1499.95 +tax

All PPF comes backed by a 10 year warranty.

I'm thinking the two packages would be:
1) Gold = Ceramic Tint, Full Kit, Rear Fenders, Rear Luggage Lip, Inside console, door jams Ceramic Coating
2) Silver = Regular Tint, Partial hood + bumper kit + Rear Fenders

Thoughts?

Ok so for AT we need 5 to confirm and pay a deposit.

For those who do not have their vehicle yet but will participate, we would require a deposit of $500 for Gold package or $250 for silver package.

Gold = $2700 with front window tint
-Ceramic Tint $400 +tax full vehicle (4 side windows + rear)
$200 +tax 2 front windows (driver/passenger)
-Full PPF Kit (full hood, full front fenders, back of mirrors, front bumper) $1300 +tax
-Rear Fenders $320 +tax
-Rear Luggage Lip $80 +tax
-Interior kit $200 +tax
-Door Jams x4 $200 +tax
-Ceramic Coating $400 +tax
TOTAL $2900 +tax (if choosing full vehicle tint)
$2700 +tax (if choosing front two window tint)

Silver = 1339.00 but quoted with 5 Windows (only 2 needed on model Y)
-Non Ceramic Tint $269.95 +tax (4 side windows + rear)
-Partial Hood Kit (partial hood, partial fenders, back of mirrors, front bumper) $749.95 +tax
-Rear Fenders $320 +tax
TOTAL $1339.90 +tax

Note: If certain individuals would like to remove/add services to the above packages, we are able to but will adjust price accordingly (ex. someone doesn't want ceramic coating but wants everything else, etc).

A reminder, all tint comes backed by a lifetime warranty and all PPF comes backed by a 10 year warranty.

Please let me know who's in and I'll get things started. Probably best to confirm in the google sheet. As mentioned above, we need at minimum 5 confirmed with deposits.