Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF over matte CF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got matte carbon fiber mirror caps for my performance Y to match the matte rear spoiler.

I want to cover the mirror caps with PPF.

Will standard gloss PPF make the matte look more like gloss PPF? Or should I cover it in matte PPF? Which would match the non PPF’d rear spoiler the best?

Should I even go through the hassle of adding PPF to the mirror caps?

Matte CF just seems like gloss CF without clear coat. Maybe if they get too pitted from not being PPF’d I can just sand them down to a fresh finish?

Just got matte carbon fiber mirror caps for my performance Y to match the matte rear spoiler.

I want to cover the mirror caps with PPF.

Will standard gloss PPF make the matte look more like gloss PPF? Or should I cover it in matte PPF? Which would match the non PPF’d rear spoiler the best?

Should I even go through the hassle of adding PPF to the mirror caps?

Matte CF just seems like gloss CF without clear coat. Maybe if they get too pitted from not being PPF’d I can just sand them down to a fresh finish?
Xpel Stealth PPF sounds like the best thing for what you're looking to do. There's a shop in my area that has some examples on their site that are certified in Xpel, which is hard to come by. Any shop that is Xpel certified should have Stealth PPF, and there's a 10 year warranty on the product so I would trust it.